campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 November 2012 08:00AM
McCann Worldgroup's exit from the global HSBC pitch has become a subject of debate. The network says it pulled out because it is on a global pitch for a mystery non-UK bank, which it currently services in one overseas market, that is expanding internationally. Sources close to HSBC, on the other hand, claim that McCann was knocked out of the pitch because of all the negative press surrounding the ousting of McCann Worldgroup's chief executive, Nick Brien. Regardless, it narrows the pitchlist down to Saatchi & Saatchi, BBDO, Grey and the incumbent, JWT.
The Nature Valley pitch is still moving at a glacial pace. However, agencies are through the chemistry stage and those selected to pitch are expected to present in the next fortnight.
Late November and the UK is a grey and damp place to be. So agencies are wondering whether some fact-finding missions to Singapore or Australia might be in order as they consider their responses to RFIs issued by the tourism authorities of the respective countries.
Pitches for the Mini integrated business took place this week in a process co-ordinated through the intermediary AAR. The Corner, Dare, Engine, Iris and Profero all presented.
Npower’s long-awaited review has been put on hold until the new year. The RFI has only just been issued to agencies, prompting the energy company, which is also using AAR, to delay the process until after the Christmas season.
Maxus, MPG Media Contacts and the incumbent, ZenithOptimedia, are preparing for final presentations with Associated British Foods on Monday and Tuesday next week.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Graphic Designer (Visual Merchandising & Marketing) Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £20000 - £21000 per annum + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager | Up to 32k Dynamic New Alliances Up to £32K Plus Benefits Package , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Rising Star! Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, North East England / North West England
- Trade Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Brands make the most of Germany's dramatic victory over Brazil
- Imperial War Museum releases film announcing WWI exhibition
- Sponsors congratulate Novak Djokovic on Wimbledon win
- Starcom MediaVest Group to move to Turnmills
- Guardian News & Media reduces losses by 27% to £19.4m
- Guardian plotting English language launch in India