French Connection in media agency talks
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 November 2012 08:00AM
French Connection, the fashion retailer, has made initial approaches to agencies to discuss its media arrangements.
Agency sources said that a number of media shops have been approached directly by the brand. Manning Gottlieb OMD is the long-term incumbent.
Other sources close to French Connection said the agency talks were motivated by a change in marketing focus, including a greater emphasis on digital channels, under the multichannel marketing director, Jennifer Roebuck.
French Connection’s relationship with its advertising agency, 101, is believed to be unaffected by the media talks.
In September, 101 developed a campaign for French Connection to promote its autumn/winter collection. The work included print, outdoor, in-store and digital elements, and was produced alongside the photographer Tim Barber.
In 2011, French Connection launched a dedicated Facebook store in a move to ramp up its e-commerce services.
French Connection denied that it is reviewing the media account. A spokesman said: "We have been approached by one agency in an initial discussion but are not progressing with any further movement."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Group Marketing Executive Pitch Consultants £26000 - £28000 per annum + car, West Midlands
- Head of Social Media - Leading Charity - London Major Players £55000 - £60000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Account Manager - Kellogs Major Players £0.0000000 per annum, City of London