French Connection in media agency talks
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 November 2012 08:00AM
French Connection, the fashion retailer, has made initial approaches to agencies to discuss its media arrangements.
Agency sources said that a number of media shops have been approached directly by the brand. Manning Gottlieb OMD is the long-term incumbent.
Other sources close to French Connection said the agency talks were motivated by a change in marketing focus, including a greater emphasis on digital channels, under the multichannel marketing director, Jennifer Roebuck.
French Connection’s relationship with its advertising agency, 101, is believed to be unaffected by the media talks.
In September, 101 developed a campaign for French Connection to promote its autumn/winter collection. The work included print, outdoor, in-store and digital elements, and was produced alongside the photographer Tim Barber.
In 2011, French Connection launched a dedicated Facebook store in a move to ramp up its e-commerce services.
French Connection denied that it is reviewing the media account. A spokesman said: "We have been approached by one agency in an initial discussion but are not progressing with any further movement."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Client Facing Project Manager Twist Recruitment £24000 - £27000 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Midweight- senior Digital Project Manager Twist Recruitment £35000 - £55000 per annum + bonus, City of London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k (freelance & perm) Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- Digital Performance Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- We Are Pi wins Wrangler's European creative account
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers