French Connection in media agency talks
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 November 2012 08:00AM
French Connection, the fashion retailer, has made initial approaches to agencies to discuss its media arrangements.
Agency sources said that a number of media shops have been approached directly by the brand. Manning Gottlieb OMD is the long-term incumbent.
Other sources close to French Connection said the agency talks were motivated by a change in marketing focus, including a greater emphasis on digital channels, under the multichannel marketing director, Jennifer Roebuck.
French Connection’s relationship with its advertising agency, 101, is believed to be unaffected by the media talks.
In September, 101 developed a campaign for French Connection to promote its autumn/winter collection. The work included print, outdoor, in-store and digital elements, and was produced alongside the photographer Tim Barber.
In 2011, French Connection launched a dedicated Facebook store in a move to ramp up its e-commerce services.
French Connection denied that it is reviewing the media account. A spokesman said: "We have been approached by one agency in an initial discussion but are not progressing with any further movement."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Strategy Ball & Hoolahan £90,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager Pitch Consultants £35000 - £40000 per annum, West Midlands
- Marketing Assistant Finacial Services,London -Temp Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £24000 - £26000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Experienced Recruitment Consultants Needed! Ninesharp £21000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film