French Connection in media agency talks
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 November 2012 08:00AM
French Connection, the fashion retailer, has made initial approaches to agencies to discuss its media arrangements.
Agency sources said that a number of media shops have been approached directly by the brand. Manning Gottlieb OMD is the long-term incumbent.
Other sources close to French Connection said the agency talks were motivated by a change in marketing focus, including a greater emphasis on digital channels, under the multichannel marketing director, Jennifer Roebuck.
French Connection’s relationship with its advertising agency, 101, is believed to be unaffected by the media talks.
In September, 101 developed a campaign for French Connection to promote its autumn/winter collection. The work included print, outdoor, in-store and digital elements, and was produced alongside the photographer Tim Barber.
In 2011, French Connection launched a dedicated Facebook store in a move to ramp up its e-commerce services.
French Connection denied that it is reviewing the media account. A spokesman said: "We have been approached by one agency in an initial discussion but are not progressing with any further movement."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager Tomorrow Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, West End
- Search Manager Aspire £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Creative Project Manager/Production Manager become £30k-£42k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Pitch Consultants £40000 - £50000 per annum, Manchester
- Campaign Manager,Professional services,London,£50k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: +excellent benefits, London
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 7 things Proximity has learned in the new Omnicom building