French Connection in media agency talks
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 November 2012 08:00AM
French Connection, the fashion retailer, has made initial approaches to agencies to discuss its media arrangements.
Agency sources said that a number of media shops have been approached directly by the brand. Manning Gottlieb OMD is the long-term incumbent.
Other sources close to French Connection said the agency talks were motivated by a change in marketing focus, including a greater emphasis on digital channels, under the multichannel marketing director, Jennifer Roebuck.
French Connection’s relationship with its advertising agency, 101, is believed to be unaffected by the media talks.
In September, 101 developed a campaign for French Connection to promote its autumn/winter collection. The work included print, outdoor, in-store and digital elements, and was produced alongside the photographer Tim Barber.
In 2011, French Connection launched a dedicated Facebook store in a move to ramp up its e-commerce services.
French Connection denied that it is reviewing the media account. A spokesman said: "We have been approached by one agency in an initial discussion but are not progressing with any further movement."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Digital Creative Director Network Career Consultants £80000 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Art Director / Creative createselect Up to £40K pa, depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Communications Manager, Temp to Perm, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Account Director - Stunning Agency - Central London - to £50k Fill Recruitment to £50k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Vizeum retains £14m AB InBev in the UK and adds European markets
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool