Tesco rolls We7 brand into Blinkbox
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 22 November 2012 11:20AM
Tesco has dropped the digital music service We7's brand name, rolling it into its non-subscription digital film and TV service, Blinkbox.
The supermarket bought a 91% stake in the digital music service, which competes with Spotify, for £10.8m in June, as part of its strategy to expand its digital entertainment strategy.
It is also bringing its digital book service, Mobcast under the Blinkbox name to create a unified digital entertainment brand. Tesco is dropping the We7 brand name immediately.
The supermarket chain is putting greater marketing muscle behind Blinkbox, rolling out its first ad campaign for the service – in which it owns an 80% stake – earlier this month.
It is aiming to take on the pure-play digital entertainment services by tying the service into its multichannel offering. Rival supermarket Sainsbury’s recently entered the digital film market, through a partnership with Rovi.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Interim Senior Marketing Manager - Campaigns Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment To £60,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- International Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment To £55,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Marketing Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 - £43,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Junior Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £Attractive, London (North), London (Greater)
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Pizza Hut launches Classic Crust with TV campaign
- Fold7 splits with Gocompare.com amid talk of Gio Compario's return
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas
- Ronseal claims to ditch 'does exactly what it says on the tin' strapline