Future readies Tech interactive digital magazine
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 22 November 2012 12:03PM
Future Publishing is rolling out a weekly iPad title called Tech for technology enthusiasts, as it seeks to build up its technology portfolio of titles.
The magazine is called Tech and will go on sale on 29 November on Apple's Newsstand. It will be priced at 69p for a single issue, or £19.99 for an annual subscription.
The title will summarise the week in technology and give its own "unique interactive" spin on each week's key consumer technology news stories.
Future Publishing already has a significant presence in technology, boasting titles such as T3, PC Format, PC Plus and techradar.com.
Future claims that the launch of tech. will be supported by a seven-figure marketing campaign, marking its "biggest digital magazine launch" to date.
The title could be extended to print format if it is successful in ithe iPad version.
Nick Merritt, publisher of tech. and TechRadar, said: "Tech is a major new iPad launch and a truly unique technology magazine. No single website has all the best reaction and opinion, and no app provides a first-class curated experience. This magazine solves the problem, bringing all the really essential technology writing together into one smartly edited whole, every single week. Tech. is the week in technology. Personally, I can't wait to read it."
Tech will be the latest interactive title to be created on FutureFolio, Future's Apple-approved wrapper for digital products on Apple's Newsstand. FutureFolio has already been used to build Photography Week, Cycling News HD and the interactive editions of Total Film and Edge.
Future claims to have more than 70 titles available to purchase on Apple's Newsstand.
Tech will be on sale every Thursday.Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- New Business Development Director Stonor £60,000 - £70,000 plus car, Buckinghamshire
- Production Manager - Brand Experience - £upto£50K Stonor £Dependent on experience , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned