Arena Media hires Mike Moran as interim commercial director
Mike Moran, the former managing director of CBS Outdoor and Toyota commercial director, has joined Arena Media as its interim commercial director ahead of the departure of Pippa Glucklich.
Moran has already started working at Arena Media, which has clients such as AXA, Domino's and ESPN, and he will take on Glucklich’s responsibilities for commercial relationships with clients and media owners.
Since leaving CBS Outdoor in June 2011 Moran has worked for clients on a consultancy basis on behalf of his firm The Orchard Consultancy.
Moran was worldwide marketing director of RWE Thames Water from 2003 to 2004. Before this, he was with Toyota, which he joined in 1996 as marketing director, before being promoted to the role of commercial director in 2000. Moran moved to Toyota from Ford, where he was a senior executive in the UK and in Spain.
Steve Booth, chief executive, Arena Media, said: "Mike's a pro that’s for sure. He will bring his client experience, which is very useful, as well as having done the media owner thing.
"It’s obviously a big job and having someone like him is perfect. He knows the agency as he has worked with us on consultancy projects. It means every single thing Pippa was doing is covered before she leaves."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires