An Idiot Abroad to take over Sky1
'An Idiot Abroad', Ricky Gervais' TV comedy, is to take over Sky1 next week through special channel idents featuring Karl Pilkington, the show's star, and Warwick Davis, his new sidekick.
All of the Sky1 channel idents between Monday 26 November and Friday 30 November will feature Pilkington and Davis in a special promotion for the TV show.
In one set of idents, Pilkington, the so-called "idiot" mate of comedian Gervais, and Davis, an actor who goes on this series’ adventures with him, interact with the Sky1 channel logo.
In the second set of idents, Pilkington and Davis talk about their adventure, discussing which of them is the best dancer, and burping on demand.
The idents start on Monday morning and will run all day until the first episode is aired at 9pm on Friday.
Kenny Reynolds, creative director at Sky Creative, was responsible for the creative direction of the takeover. The idents were directed by Junior Walker and produced by Cleo Hodgkinson.
Reynolds said: "Our bespoke idents for ‘An Idiot Abroad 3’ are sure to build excitement and further anticipation for the return of one our customers’ favourite shows.
"Each has been produced with improvisation from both Karl and Warwick, keeping true to the show and giving viewers an early look at this globe-trotting double act in action."
In the third series of ‘An Idiot Abroad’, Gervais persuades Pilkington to travel along the route the Venetian explorer Marco Polo took from Italy to China in the 13th century.
Car marque Citroën has renewed its sponsorship of the series.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Nielsen Data & Sales Analyst Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£28K + Bonus + Excellent Benefits, Berkshire
- Senior Designer- super cool agency Dahling Ltd £45-55k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Senior Brand Managers - OTC Healthcare Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £48K-£55K + Car Allowance + Bonus, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£65K-£70K + Generous Car Allowance + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Packaging Designer Premier Media £120 - £200 per day, City of London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote
- Twitter hunts for UK marketer as it targets £180m ad revenues
- Dave Trott at Ad Week Europe: Ads have become overcomplicated