An Idiot Abroad to take over Sky1
'An Idiot Abroad', Ricky Gervais' TV comedy, is to take over Sky1 next week through special channel idents featuring Karl Pilkington, the show's star, and Warwick Davis, his new sidekick.
All of the Sky1 channel idents between Monday 26 November and Friday 30 November will feature Pilkington and Davis in a special promotion for the TV show.
In one set of idents, Pilkington, the so-called "idiot" mate of comedian Gervais, and Davis, an actor who goes on this series’ adventures with him, interact with the Sky1 channel logo.
In the second set of idents, Pilkington and Davis talk about their adventure, discussing which of them is the best dancer, and burping on demand.
The idents start on Monday morning and will run all day until the first episode is aired at 9pm on Friday.
Kenny Reynolds, creative director at Sky Creative, was responsible for the creative direction of the takeover. The idents were directed by Junior Walker and produced by Cleo Hodgkinson.
Reynolds said: "Our bespoke idents for ‘An Idiot Abroad 3’ are sure to build excitement and further anticipation for the return of one our customers’ favourite shows.
"Each has been produced with improvisation from both Karl and Warwick, keeping true to the show and giving viewers an early look at this globe-trotting double act in action."
In the third series of ‘An Idiot Abroad’, Gervais persuades Pilkington to travel along the route the Venetian explorer Marco Polo took from Italy to China in the 13th century.
Car marque Citroën has renewed its sponsorship of the series.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency