John Lewis extends Christmas ad campaign with book launch
John Lewis is launching a book that tells the story of the snowman and his journey, which are the subject of the retailer's high profile Christmas campaign.
John Lewis has attributed a lift in its crafts offering to its Christmas ad campaign. Items on sale include a 'Knit Your Own Snowman'.
John Lewis is also set to launch a Countdown to Christmas event in stores this weekend to capitalist on a social media campaign about the snowman's journey.
The Twitter campaign uses the hashtag #snowmanjourney to track its experiential campaign that is photographing the snowman in different towns around the country.
Sales for the retailer are up 7.6% year on year for the week ending 17 November with a strong performance in electrical and home technology driving the growth with a 22.2% jump in sales.
Tablets are leading the way on sales in the communication technology sector with John Lewis reporting that all the major brand are selling well.
Brands including Samsung, Microsoft, Apple, Amazon and Google are all heavily pushing tablets in the run up to Christmas.
John Lewis has also attributed strong sales in cushions, throws, lighting and bed lined to marketing activity for its home section focusing on people "feeling cosy".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- John Lewis posts record sales as ad soundtrack hits number one
- John Lewis seeks new social-media approach
- Smartphones forecast to drive £3.5bn in Christmas sales
- Top 10 Christmas ads 2012, as voted by mums
- Consumer attitudes towards Christmas ads
- John Lewis chief urges Government to probe multinationals' UK tax setups
- John Lewis' mission to spread the power of love
- John Lewis technology sales surge 29%
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.