John Lewis extends Christmas ad campaign with book launch
John Lewis is launching a book that tells the story of the snowman and his journey, which are the subject of the retailer's high profile Christmas campaign.
John Lewis has attributed a lift in its crafts offering to its Christmas ad campaign. Items on sale include a 'Knit Your Own Snowman'.
John Lewis is also set to launch a Countdown to Christmas event in stores this weekend to capitalist on a social media campaign about the snowman's journey.
The Twitter campaign uses the hashtag #snowmanjourney to track its experiential campaign that is photographing the snowman in different towns around the country.
Sales for the retailer are up 7.6% year on year for the week ending 17 November with a strong performance in electrical and home technology driving the growth with a 22.2% jump in sales.
Tablets are leading the way on sales in the communication technology sector with John Lewis reporting that all the major brand are selling well.
Brands including Samsung, Microsoft, Apple, Amazon and Google are all heavily pushing tablets in the run up to Christmas.
John Lewis has also attributed strong sales in cushions, throws, lighting and bed lined to marketing activity for its home section focusing on people "feeling cosy".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood