Farfetch rolls out 'pass the parcel' Christmas digital activity
Farfetch, the global online fashion marketplace, has launched its first Christmas campaign to raise awareness of the brand.
The campaign has been created by social media agency Yomego, and is based around the concept of a pass-the-parcel game, with the virtual "parcel" wrapped in paper created by four creatives from the worlds of art and design.
The game takes the form of an app sitting on Farfetch's website and Facebook page. It will be available to fans and customers from 100 countries.
Users "unwrap" the parcel for a chance to win a daily prize – each one selected by Farfetch.com's boutique network across Europe and North America – and then pass the game on to their friends.
The spread of each day's game will be tracked across Facebook and Twitter using a map, which features as part of the app. Players who pass the parcel collect individual prize draw entries for each share, with each entry counting towards a chance to win a grand prize of £3,000.
The design will change each week in the run-up to Christmas, and each print will also be promoted across Farfetch's website and social channels. The paper will also harness image recognition technology from Aurasma, allowing users to scan the designs and watch videos of the design process.
Rachel Waller, digital marketing manager at Farfetch, said: "Through working with these four creatives to develop the illustrations and the app, we are able to showcase the partnership both on and offline and communicate our unique business proposition."
Steve Richards, managing director of Yomego, added that the campaign would appeal to the brand's 200,000 Facebook fans by "avoiding the usual clichés" around Christmas.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Trading Director - Media Agency MediaMigo Recruitment imited £50-60k dep on experience + benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director / Senior Account Director Experiential £55-65k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £55000 - £65000 per annum, London
- AV Buying Exec - Media Agency MediaMigo Recruitment imited £25-30k dep on experience + benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Sales Manager MediaMigo Recruitment imited Up to £50k basic + comms + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Executive (Full-Time / Permanent) The Zoological Society of London (ZSL) £29,081 (Inclusive of London Weighting), Regent's Park, London (Greater)
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy