MPG Media Contacts scoops £2m Organix account
Organix, the organic children's food company, has appointed MPG Media Contacts to its £2m media planning and buying account, following the closure of The Media Shop earlier this year.
Organix launched a review of its media requirements in September and MPG Media Contacts will now be responsible for Organix's strategy, media planning and buying across online and offline media.
Initially, MPG Media Contacts has been tasked with deciding what Organix's marketing priorities should be in 2013, working alongside the brand's ad agency Delaney Lund Knox Warren Lowe.
A spokesman for Organix confirmed its media account will be worth around £2m in billings over the next 12 months.
Stephanie Hildon, marketing director, said: "We feel MPG Media Contacts really understands the Organix brand and our business, and they will really help us to inspire a lifelong love of good food with mums and babies everywhere."
Organix traditionally spends much of its marketing budget on parenting publications, but last year, DLKW Lowe created its first TV ad. The brand also uses digital marketing.
Natasha Murray, managing partner at MPG Media Contacts, said: "We had great chemistry with the team from Organix from the very start. We feel we have found a genuine partner and believe we can use the [MPG] Meaningful Brands proposition to give them differentiation in a very competitive market."
The Media Shop went into administration in August this year because it was unable to pay the debts it had built up, leaving more than 20 clients without a media agency. M2M has since picked up salad brand Florette.
MPG is currently involved in the £21m pitch for Associated British Foods, owner of bakery brand Kingsmill and clothing store Primark, and will be pitching against Maxus and the incumbent ZenithOptimedia this week.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Manager Â– Well Regarded Integrated Agency ADLIB to £30k, Bristol
- Regional Marketing Manager Adam Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Manchester
- PR Account Director Brand Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum + dependent on skills and experience , Oxford
- Performance Planning Director PFJ £40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- Partners Andrews Aldridge restructures creative with hires and promotions
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition