MPG Media Contacts scoops £2m Organix account
Organix, the organic children's food company, has appointed MPG Media Contacts to its £2m media planning and buying account, following the closure of The Media Shop earlier this year.
Organix launched a review of its media requirements in September and MPG Media Contacts will now be responsible for Organix's strategy, media planning and buying across online and offline media.
Initially, MPG Media Contacts has been tasked with deciding what Organix's marketing priorities should be in 2013, working alongside the brand's ad agency Delaney Lund Knox Warren Lowe.
A spokesman for Organix confirmed its media account will be worth around £2m in billings over the next 12 months.
Stephanie Hildon, marketing director, said: "We feel MPG Media Contacts really understands the Organix brand and our business, and they will really help us to inspire a lifelong love of good food with mums and babies everywhere."
Organix traditionally spends much of its marketing budget on parenting publications, but last year, DLKW Lowe created its first TV ad. The brand also uses digital marketing.
Natasha Murray, managing partner at MPG Media Contacts, said: "We had great chemistry with the team from Organix from the very start. We feel we have found a genuine partner and believe we can use the [MPG] Meaningful Brands proposition to give them differentiation in a very competitive market."
The Media Shop went into administration in August this year because it was unable to pay the debts it had built up, leaving more than 20 clients without a media agency. M2M has since picked up salad brand Florette.
MPG is currently involved in the £21m pitch for Associated British Foods, owner of bakery brand Kingsmill and clothing store Primark, and will be pitching against Maxus and the incumbent ZenithOptimedia this week.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Content Manager - £50k - Hertfordshire Salt £40000 - £50000 per annum + bens, Hertfordshire
- Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £70,000, London
- Nissan creates tactical ad 7 mins after royal baby no. 2 announcement
- Advertising tech companies make up fifth of Britain's fastest-growing businesses
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- TV body Barb to track viewing via tablets
- Reebok Classics brand film champions 'Madchester' revival
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4