Blinkbox runs tactical Di Matteo campaign
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 26 November 2012 10:25AM
Blinkbox, the Tesco owned video-on-demand service, has run a tactical ad around the sacking of former Chelsea manager, Roberto Di Matteo.
Di Matteo was unceremoniously sacked by the football club last week after a recent run of poor form, despite him winning the FA Cup and Champions League last season.
The ad – which appeared below an article concerning his recent sacking at the hands of Roman Abramovich – ran with the strapline, "In between jobs?" The ad caption read: "Don’t worry Roberto, we’ve got the latest movies and TV shows to help take your mind off things".
The ad, which ran last week and was planned by Arena Media, offerered £5 free credit for those who joined Blinkbox on the day. It was created by Karmarama.
Karmarama recently launched its first work for the brand which featured a struggling boxer whose fortunes are turned around after the cornerman showed him the latest releases between rounds.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- PR Account Executive Brand Recruitment £18000 - £25000 per annum, Beaconsfield
- Digital Designer Purple Consultancy £28000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Senior Designer become £40k - £50k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Designer/Developer become £30k - £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)