John Lewis Partnership creates customer insight director role
The John Lewis Partnership has appointed Lloyds Banking Group executive Paul de Laat to the newly created customer insight director position.
De Laat will work across both the John Lewis and Waitrose brands, which operate as separate businesses, as they attempt to understand customers' shopping behaviour better.
Charlie Mayfield, chairman of the John Lewis Partnership, said: "Customer insight is an increasingly sophisticated area and a central part of part of modern retailing.
"Paul's appointment demonstrates our commitment to understand every aspect of our customers' shopping behaviour, across both John Lewis and Waitrose, so that we can enhance the service we offer to customers."
The appointment comes after Marketing revealed that John Lewis was following in the footsteps of sister brand Waitrose by developing a rewards scheme, following the launch of the myWaitrose card in October 2011.
De Laat will report to Mayfield and join the company on 2 January from his current role as customer value management director at Lloyds Banking Group.
He said: "By turning customer data into actionable knowledge, we can enhance our relevance to customers and increase value both for our customers and for Waitrose and John Lewis."
His departure from Lloyds comes shortly after it emerged that Alex Owens, head of strategy at Lloyds, is also leaving the bank in January in order to take up a head of insight position at Sainsbury's.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Producer Red Sofa London £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager Integrated Branding Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Senior Channel Manager Premier Consultants £60,000 plus car allowance, bonus and benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Retail Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £23000 - £28000 per annum, Manchester
- Marketing Manager - Retail Branding Agency! Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign