VW to extend One Thing campaign with Absolute Radio
Volkswagen has signed a six-figure commercial deal with Absolute Radio and will give away a luxury trip to Los Angeles to one listener, as part of its 'One Thing' campaign for the VW Golf.
VW's 'One Thing' campaign by Adam & Eve/DDB suggests that if someone had to pick one car to drive for the rest of their life, they should choose a Golf. It asks people to make a similar decision on the song, film or meal that would last them a lifetime.
From tomorrow Absolute Radio will ask its listeners to pick the song they would choose if they could only listen to one for the rest of their lives. The top five will be put to a public vote.
In short promos across Absolute Radio’s network, including its digital stations such as Absolute Classic Rock and Absolute 80s, show hosts will explain what song they would choose and why. Listeners will be directed to a microsite on the Absolute Radio website to suggest their song and enter the competition.
The activity will also include InStream ads served to online listeners tuning in via Absolute Radio’s online player and apps.
The campaign was planned and bought by MediaCom.
Tom Wharfe, communications manager at Volkswagen, said: "This partnership provides a great opportunity to connect with the Absolute listeners through their common interest of music.
"By tapping into the audience in this way, we hope to generate high levels of engagement and awareness for the new Volkswagen Golf in the lead up to its launch early next year."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Interactive Digital Designer: (Mobile, Tablet, Web, Smartphone) Creative Recruitment £28000 - £33000 per annum + Negotiable, London
- Digital Designer & Content Manager (Website, Rich Media) Creative Recruitment £33000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Senior Optimisation Manager (RTB) Digital Gurus £25000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Senior Category Manager - Tesco Jarlett de Grouchy £55000 - £60000 per annum + Car Allowance + Benefits, Weybridge
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push