VW to extend One Thing campaign with Absolute Radio
Volkswagen has signed a six-figure commercial deal with Absolute Radio and will give away a luxury trip to Los Angeles to one listener, as part of its 'One Thing' campaign for the VW Golf.
VW's 'One Thing' campaign by Adam & Eve/DDB suggests that if someone had to pick one car to drive for the rest of their life, they should choose a Golf. It asks people to make a similar decision on the song, film or meal that would last them a lifetime.
From tomorrow Absolute Radio will ask its listeners to pick the song they would choose if they could only listen to one for the rest of their lives. The top five will be put to a public vote.
In short promos across Absolute Radio’s network, including its digital stations such as Absolute Classic Rock and Absolute 80s, show hosts will explain what song they would choose and why. Listeners will be directed to a microsite on the Absolute Radio website to suggest their song and enter the competition.
The activity will also include InStream ads served to online listeners tuning in via Absolute Radio’s online player and apps.
The campaign was planned and bought by MediaCom.
Tom Wharfe, communications manager at Volkswagen, said: "This partnership provides a great opportunity to connect with the Absolute listeners through their common interest of music.
"By tapping into the audience in this way, we hope to generate high levels of engagement and awareness for the new Volkswagen Golf in the lead up to its launch early next year."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- DIGITAL ACCOUNT MANAGER / £35K + Benefits Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show