Molson Coors UK marketing boss set for exit
Molson Coors' managing director of brands, Chris McDonough, is leaving the brewer at the end of the year following a restructure of the business across Europe.
It is combining its existing divisions in the UK and Ireland with nine Central European countries from the New Year. With headquarters in Prague, Molson Coors Europe will be run by Mark Hunter, chief executive of its Central European operations and a former marketer.
The top UK marketing role will be taken by director of customer marketing Andy Cray, who becomes director of brands.
McDonough joined Molson Coors in 2010 from Muller Dairies. He previously worked at Bacardi Martini and Mars Petcare in Germany.
During his time at the brewer, McDonough changed the positioning of its flagship brand Carling to highlight that the lager is 'brilliantly British'.
However, in a move that indicates the strategy may shift again, earlier this year McDonough called a review of the Carling brand's advertising.
VCCP, the incumbent on the account, is pitching against fellow roster agency Beattie McGuinness Bungay, Creature London and McCann London.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- UI Designer - Mobile - £25,000 - £35,000 Red Sofa London £25000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Account Director Twist Recruitment £40000 - £60000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Sponsorship & Business Development Manager Nova International Up to £40,000 per annum + benefits including pension, bonus, Central London
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Notonthehighstreet sponsors London Underground 'baby on board' badge
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Has JCDecaux chosen the wrong time to abandon its trade body?
- Mother backs new integrated agency The Romans
- The Sun cuts topless models on Page 3