Westfield sets first Christmas TV ad to Rod Stewart track
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 28 November 2012 10:22AM
Westfield has created its first ever Christmas advert, which features Rod Stewart's cover of 'Santa Claus is Coming to Town' on its soundtrack.
The campaign for the two London-based Westfield shopping centres introduces the ‘We Are Christmas’ strapline. It follows on from the 'We Are Fashion' spot Westfield ran for its Autumn campaign.
Independent agency Yellowdoor, which is owned by TV personality Mary Portas, created the campaign, which will run for five weeks across television, digital, outdoor and print in London.
The creative has been designed to push the idea that there is "something for everyone" at Westfield this Christmas by drawing attention to the two malls' Santa’s Grottos, indoor and outdoor ice rinks and late night shopping.
Peter Cross, managing partner at Yellowdoor, said: "We needed to produce the stylish, fashionable content expected of the brand with the Westfield Christmas campaign.
"It was important for the campaign to appeal to a broad audience with both the print and television campaign which we achieved by dialling up and down the fashionability dependent on the offer."
Television activity is running during prime time slots on ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 for the next three weeks, while digital activity will take place on YouTube, 4oD and Sky websites.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Executive or Marketing Manager air recruitment £28k-£35k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- B2B Lead Generation Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £20000 - £40000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- Out of Home Sales - Huge digital potential! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £75000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Planning Manager - Unique Opportunity! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits, London
- Comms Manager - Top 5 global media agency - GAMING ACCOUNT Ultimate Asset £4000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign