Westfield sets first Christmas TV ad to Rod Stewart track
Westfield has created its first ever Christmas advert, which features Rod Stewart's cover of 'Santa Claus is Coming to Town' on its soundtrack.
The campaign for the two London-based Westfield shopping centres introduces the ‘We Are Christmas’ strapline. It follows on from the 'We Are Fashion' spot Westfield ran for its Autumn campaign.
Independent agency Yellowdoor, which is owned by TV personality Mary Portas, created the campaign, which will run for five weeks across television, digital, outdoor and print in London.
The creative has been designed to push the idea that there is "something for everyone" at Westfield this Christmas by drawing attention to the two malls' Santa’s Grottos, indoor and outdoor ice rinks and late night shopping.
Peter Cross, managing partner at Yellowdoor, said: "We needed to produce the stylish, fashionable content expected of the brand with the Westfield Christmas campaign.
"It was important for the campaign to appeal to a broad audience with both the print and television campaign which we achieved by dialling up and down the fashionability dependent on the offer."
Television activity is running during prime time slots on ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 for the next three weeks, while digital activity will take place on YouTube, 4oD and Sky websites.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- POS Marketing Executive Stopgap £26000 - £28000 per annum, Hertfordshire
- Marketing & Communications Manager Stopgap £32000 per annum, London
- Mobile & Apps Manager Stopgap Competitive Day Rate, South East England
- Online Content Executive Stopgap £25000 per annum, South East England
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel