Westfield sets first Christmas TV ad to Rod Stewart track
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 28 November 2012 10:22AM
Westfield has created its first ever Christmas advert, which features Rod Stewart's cover of 'Santa Claus is Coming to Town' on its soundtrack.
The campaign for the two London-based Westfield shopping centres introduces the ‘We Are Christmas’ strapline. It follows on from the 'We Are Fashion' spot Westfield ran for its Autumn campaign.
Independent agency Yellowdoor, which is owned by TV personality Mary Portas, created the campaign, which will run for five weeks across television, digital, outdoor and print in London.
The creative has been designed to push the idea that there is "something for everyone" at Westfield this Christmas by drawing attention to the two malls' Santa’s Grottos, indoor and outdoor ice rinks and late night shopping.
Peter Cross, managing partner at Yellowdoor, said: "We needed to produce the stylish, fashionable content expected of the brand with the Westfield Christmas campaign.
"It was important for the campaign to appeal to a broad audience with both the print and television campaign which we achieved by dialling up and down the fashionability dependent on the offer."
Television activity is running during prime time slots on ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 for the next three weeks, while digital activity will take place on YouTube, 4oD and Sky websites.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Communications Executive Ninesharp £28000 - £35000 per annum + Fantastic Benefits, City of London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Retail] - Superb London Agency! Fill Recruitment £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, London (Greater)
- Online Trading Manager Premier Consultants c.£45k plus bonus , Central London
- Account Director - Integrated / [CARS] - Global Agency - to £55k pending experience Fill Recruitment to £55k plus superb benefits, London (Greater)
- PLANNING ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR - GLOBAL SOFT DRINKS BRAND Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith