Aegis appoints Huijboom as global director of business integration
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 28 November 2012 11:06AM
Aegis has appointed Peter Huijboom as global director of business integration with responsibilities for identifying "revenue synergies" between the group and its new owner Dentsu.
He will take up the newly created role on 2 January and report to Jerry Buhlmann, chief executive of Aegis.
Buhlmann said: "We knew of Peter’s strong track record in both client relationships and operational leadership from his time at Synovate so I am delighted to welcome Peter back to Aegis at such an important time. I am confident Peter will make a strong contribution to realising the synergies and benefits of the combination of Aegis and Dentsu."
Huijboom previously held the position of chief executive for geographies at Synovate, the market research company, prior to its sale by Aegis to Ipsos in October 2011. During his time at Synovate, he also held a number of other board-level positions including chief executive Western Europe, chief executive global client relationships and chief executive for clients and industries.
He said: "I will be fully focused on maximising the significant market opportunities for our clients that the enlarged group will bring, and working closely with our people, new colleagues at Dentsu and the Global Executive to ensure our clients’ business needs remain at the heart of everything we do."
The £3.16bn swoop for Aegis by Dentsu was announced in July, has since been approved by Aegis shareholders but faces a delay in completion until 2013 due to the slow process of Chinese regulators examining the deal.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £45000 - £60000 per annum, ShÃ nghÇŽi
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater), South East
- Junior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff