Nissan appoints new UK marketing director
Nissan has appointed Guillaume Masurel as its new UK marketing director, following the departure of Steve McLennan to a role in the car firm's European business.
Masurel joins from Nissan's Japanese headquarters, where he was global chief marketing manager for performance cars. He previously held a number of marketing positions at Nissan Europe. He will be responsible for all local advertising, events and CRM strategy.
McLennan oversaw the launch of successful vehicles such as the Qashqai and the Juke, and helped Nissan acquire a record-high UK market share of 5.34%, according to the Society for Motor Manufacturers and Traders.
Nissan has also hired former Toyota marketer Jon Pollock as corporate sales director. Until 2010, he held the title of general manager marketing communications at Toyota, and prior to this, spent 10 years in a number of product marketing roles at Nissan.
James Wright, Nissan's GB managing director said: "I am pleased to welcome Jon and Guillaume to the UK operation. They both bring a wealth of experience with them and are sure to keep pushing Nissan's success story forward."Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Planning Manager - Healthcare PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Business Director PFJ £80000.00 - £100000.00 per annum, London
- Account Executive - Social Media Source £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Search Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment £26000 per annum, Stevenage
- Affiliate Marketing Manager Norton Leigh £30,000, Central London
- Chinese marketing company buys We Are Social
- ESI Media to handle London Live sales in-house
- Meerkats welcome baby in Christmas day Comparethemarket.com ad
- DraftFCB acquires Inferno to run London
- VCCP's Thornton credits Bailes with O2's Campaign of the Year success
- Google reveals most searched-for events in 2013 Zeitgeist campaign