Nissan appoints new UK marketing director
Nissan has appointed Guillaume Masurel as its new UK marketing director, following the departure of Steve McLennan to a role in the car firm's European business.
Masurel joins from Nissan's Japanese headquarters, where he was global chief marketing manager for performance cars. He previously held a number of marketing positions at Nissan Europe. He will be responsible for all local advertising, events and CRM strategy.
McLennan oversaw the launch of successful vehicles such as the Qashqai and the Juke, and helped Nissan acquire a record-high UK market share of 5.34%, according to the Society for Motor Manufacturers and Traders.
Nissan has also hired former Toyota marketer Jon Pollock as corporate sales director. Until 2010, he held the title of general manager marketing communications at Toyota, and prior to this, spent 10 years in a number of product marketing roles at Nissan.
James Wright, Nissan's GB managing director said: "I am pleased to welcome Jon and Guillaume to the UK operation. They both bring a wealth of experience with them and are sure to keep pushing Nissan's success story forward."Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England
- Customer Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + c/a, South East England
- Senior Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + car or c/a, London (Greater)
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham