Sacla approaches agencies ahead of advertising pitch
Sacla, the Italian pasta sauce specialist, is reviewing its advertising account.
The brand, which specialises in pesto and other stir-in sauces, is holding the review through Creativebrief.
Sacla has approached a number of agencies ahead of a pitch process, with a result likely to be announced in the new year.
The brand has recently used various agencies on a project-by-project basis, but is now looking to appoint a retained strategic creative shop.
Sacla’s last retained ad agency was CST The Gate. The agency won the account, then worth £4 million, in 2007. It created a 2008 TV campaign called "percussion" that featured a man in his kitchen chopping vegetables to create a beat. He then started to shout "Sac" before adding "la" to the camera.
In 2009, Sacla celebrated its 70th birthday with an on-pack competition offering the public £1 million worth of prizes including five Fiat 500 city cars, ten Vespa Piaggio Zip scooters and Lavazza coffee-makers.
Over the past year, the brand has attempted to position itself as a sauce based on freshness and authenticity.
As part of the new positioning, Sacla launched its first fresh-food range in a bid to fill the gap for premium branded products in the category. The roll-out was supported by in-store, point-of-sale, digital and press activity to drive trial.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Account Director - Leading Agency! Ascent Solutions Up to £50,000 + excellent benefits package, London (Greater)
- Brand Marketing Manager - Fast Growing Ladies Footwear Fashion Brand Recruitment Revolution £35,000, London (West), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager - Leading Agency! Ascent Solutions Up to £40,000 + Fantastic benefits!, Central London
- Digital Associate Director Aspire £225 - £275 per day, London
- Campaign Executive - Middlesex - Perm Ninesharp £30000 - £32000 per annum + Great Benefits, Brentford
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Freeview launches singing toys campaign
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- In pictures: Campaign Media Awards 2014
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts
- King backs new Candy Crush game with global ad push