Swede to oversee planning at Walker Media
Walker Media has appointed Anthony Swede, the strategy director at Mindshare, to the new position of head of planning.
Swede will join Walker Media in early 2013 and be charged with driving strategy for all its clients, including Dixons and Marks & Spencer, and developing innovation and digital integration within the agency.
His appointment follows the departure of the planning specialist Sean Healy, who left his role as the managing director of Walker Media earlier this year to become the global planning director at ZenithOptimedia.
Swede joined Mindshare in August 2009 as part of a push to bolster the agency’s planning offering. He has worked on brands such as First Direct, Three and Sony Music.
Before Mindshare, Swede worked as a creative planner at the music marketing agency Frukt Communications and the head of solutions at Times Newspapers.
Swede was also a content director at Bartle Bogle Hegarty and has held planning and strategy roles at Naked Communications and Manning Gottlieb OMD.
Simon Davis, the chief executive at Walker Media, said: "Anthony impressed us with his dogged pursuit of truly original strategies and a willingness to eschew the traditional boundaries, which will add considerable top-spin to our planning output for our clients at Walker Media."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Client Services Director - Brand Marketing Agency ADLIB £60k - £65k, Bath
- Senior Account Manager - B2B and B2C integrated and digital comms JEFFERSON £30,000 - 40,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- CREATIVE MANAGER 35-45k London Creative Recruitment Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£45000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Account Manager - Mobile Loyalty Digital Gurus £25000 - £37000 Per Annum, London
- UI Designer - Unrestricted Creative, Prototyping and Innovation ADLIB Upto £25k DOE, Bristol
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake