Swede to oversee planning at Walker Media
Walker Media has appointed Anthony Swede, the strategy director at Mindshare, to the new position of head of planning.
Swede will join Walker Media in early 2013 and be charged with driving strategy for all its clients, including Dixons and Marks & Spencer, and developing innovation and digital integration within the agency.
His appointment follows the departure of the planning specialist Sean Healy, who left his role as the managing director of Walker Media earlier this year to become the global planning director at ZenithOptimedia.
Swede joined Mindshare in August 2009 as part of a push to bolster the agency’s planning offering. He has worked on brands such as First Direct, Three and Sony Music.
Before Mindshare, Swede worked as a creative planner at the music marketing agency Frukt Communications and the head of solutions at Times Newspapers.
Swede was also a content director at Bartle Bogle Hegarty and has held planning and strategy roles at Naked Communications and Manning Gottlieb OMD.
Simon Davis, the chief executive at Walker Media, said: "Anthony impressed us with his dogged pursuit of truly original strategies and a willingness to eschew the traditional boundaries, which will add considerable top-spin to our planning output for our clients at Walker Media."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- International Account Director - Media Agency (Benelux & Scandinavia Regions) Silverdrum £45,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Business Director Twist Recruitment £90000.00 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Digital Marketing Manager - £60K - Fashion - Buckinghams Salt £55000 - £65000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- Italian Marketing Executive, Travel, Soho Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £27000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: +Bonus & Benefits, London
- Private Bank - Digital Marketing, eCRM Campaign & Marketing Operations Manager - Associate - London J.P.Morgan JPMorgan Chase & Co. offer an exceptional benefits program and highly competitive compensation., Knightsbridge
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'