Swede to oversee planning at Walker Media
Walker Media has appointed Anthony Swede, the strategy director at Mindshare, to the new position of head of planning.
Swede will join Walker Media in early 2013 and be charged with driving strategy for all its clients, including Dixons and Marks & Spencer, and developing innovation and digital integration within the agency.
His appointment follows the departure of the planning specialist Sean Healy, who left his role as the managing director of Walker Media earlier this year to become the global planning director at ZenithOptimedia.
Swede joined Mindshare in August 2009 as part of a push to bolster the agency’s planning offering. He has worked on brands such as First Direct, Three and Sony Music.
Before Mindshare, Swede worked as a creative planner at the music marketing agency Frukt Communications and the head of solutions at Times Newspapers.
Swede was also a content director at Bartle Bogle Hegarty and has held planning and strategy roles at Naked Communications and Manning Gottlieb OMD.
Simon Davis, the chief executive at Walker Media, said: "Anthony impressed us with his dogged pursuit of truly original strategies and a willingness to eschew the traditional boundaries, which will add considerable top-spin to our planning output for our clients at Walker Media."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Designer (UX, Mobile, UI, Music Industry) Creative Recruitment £28000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Digital Project Manager £35-40k Digital Gurus £30000 - £40000 Per Annum, London
- Relationship Marketing/Affiliates Director Stopgap £65000 - £70000 per annum + 12 month contract, London
- Account Manager The Great & The Good £26,000 - 30,000 , South Bank
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'