campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 29 November 2012 08:00AM
The latest update on pitch news.
The most controversial pitch in adland at the moment is the Government’s review of its creative roster. The decision to knock key former COI agencies – thought to include Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and Leo Burnett – out of the first round has been met with shock and anger. Sources said that contenders with a proven track record of delivering ROI for the Government and which have won gold IPA Effectiveness awards for their COI campaigns have been told they failed to get through in part because they didn’t have relevant experience. Government marketing directors are said to be as dismayed as agencies, as they have not been involved in the review, which is procurement-driven. One insider said the process appears to be "an omni-shambles".
McCann London has been knocked out of the £10 million Carling advertising pitch, leaving the incumbent, VCCP, Beattie McGuinness Bungay and Creature London to progress. This list will now be cut down to two agencies, with work going into research ahead of a January decision.
Pitches for the £15 million Avis Budget Group advertising account take place next week, with DLKW Lowe, The Brooklyn Brothers and VCCP chosen by Oystercatchers to show their wares.
Maxus and MPG Media Contacts pitched for the Associated British Foods media account on Monday this week, while the incumbent ZenithOptimedia’s turn came on Tuesday. A result could be as early as next week.
The Association of Train Operating Companies is this week expected to reveal the agencies that have reached the next stage of its media planning and buying review. The incumbent is ZenithOptimedia.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood