campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 29 November 2012 08:00AM
The latest update on pitch news.
The most controversial pitch in adland at the moment is the Government’s review of its creative roster. The decision to knock key former COI agencies – thought to include Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and Leo Burnett – out of the first round has been met with shock and anger. Sources said that contenders with a proven track record of delivering ROI for the Government and which have won gold IPA Effectiveness awards for their COI campaigns have been told they failed to get through in part because they didn’t have relevant experience. Government marketing directors are said to be as dismayed as agencies, as they have not been involved in the review, which is procurement-driven. One insider said the process appears to be "an omni-shambles".
McCann London has been knocked out of the £10 million Carling advertising pitch, leaving the incumbent, VCCP, Beattie McGuinness Bungay and Creature London to progress. This list will now be cut down to two agencies, with work going into research ahead of a January decision.
Pitches for the £15 million Avis Budget Group advertising account take place next week, with DLKW Lowe, The Brooklyn Brothers and VCCP chosen by Oystercatchers to show their wares.
Maxus and MPG Media Contacts pitched for the Associated British Foods media account on Monday this week, while the incumbent ZenithOptimedia’s turn came on Tuesday. A result could be as early as next week.
The Association of Train Operating Companies is this week expected to reveal the agencies that have reached the next stage of its media planning and buying review. The incumbent is ZenithOptimedia.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Executive, London, up to £30k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Analytics Manager | 3 months Contract Salt £350 per day, Slough
- Creative Copywriter Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, Guildford
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- Social Media Week: what social media has taught us
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- Branded Content sends messages ads cannot, Diageo boss says
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad