Publicis backs new full-service agency
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 29 November 2012 08:00AM
Publicis Groupe is supporting the launch of a UK business called UPP Advertising that will look to bring together talent from within its UK agencies to provide a full-service offer for clients.
UPP’s co-founders are Peter Thomson, the former managing director of the Omnicom-owned agency M2M, and David Coates, a former chief executive of the creative shop Elmscott.
Publicis is not taking a stake in the venture but has provided office space, temporarily in Starcom MediaVest Group’s London office, and access to its creative, digital, direct and media agencies. It has the first option to invest in UPP.
The start-up plans to target clients that are not currently with Publicis agencies in a bid to put together a cross-discipline team of shops to service their needs.
UPP, which plans to expand its team on the back of new-business wins, will provide channel planning and work with strategy directors from Publicis agencies to help clients implement full-service campaigns. It launches with clients including Jazz FM and International Sports Events Consulting.
Thomson said: "UPP is about removing the huge duplication of effort that takes place across agencies and aligning agency efforts behind a common strategy."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Comms Acount Director- Leading Beauty FMCG - £55K Ultimate Asset £45000 - £55000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager - SPORTS BRAND - £35K Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager! BRAND LED ACCOUNTS!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Branding up to £39k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £39000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film