Publicis backs new full-service agency
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 29 November 2012 08:00AM
Publicis Groupe is supporting the launch of a UK business called UPP Advertising that will look to bring together talent from within its UK agencies to provide a full-service offer for clients.
UPP’s co-founders are Peter Thomson, the former managing director of the Omnicom-owned agency M2M, and David Coates, a former chief executive of the creative shop Elmscott.
Publicis is not taking a stake in the venture but has provided office space, temporarily in Starcom MediaVest Group’s London office, and access to its creative, digital, direct and media agencies. It has the first option to invest in UPP.
The start-up plans to target clients that are not currently with Publicis agencies in a bid to put together a cross-discipline team of shops to service their needs.
UPP, which plans to expand its team on the back of new-business wins, will provide channel planning and work with strategy directors from Publicis agencies to help clients implement full-service campaigns. It launches with clients including Jazz FM and International Sports Events Consulting.
Thomson said: "UPP is about removing the huge duplication of effort that takes place across agencies and aligning agency efforts behind a common strategy."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Sales Manager - Exhibitions - London tfconnect global recruitment £33,000 - £35,000 plus £3,750 car allowance + 25% bonus, London (Greater)
- PR Account Executive/Senior Account Executive Brand Recruitment £19000 - £25000 per annum, Aylesbury
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad