Publicis backs new full-service agency
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 29 November 2012 08:00AM
Publicis Groupe is supporting the launch of a UK business called UPP Advertising that will look to bring together talent from within its UK agencies to provide a full-service offer for clients.
UPP’s co-founders are Peter Thomson, the former managing director of the Omnicom-owned agency M2M, and David Coates, a former chief executive of the creative shop Elmscott.
Publicis is not taking a stake in the venture but has provided office space, temporarily in Starcom MediaVest Group’s London office, and access to its creative, digital, direct and media agencies. It has the first option to invest in UPP.
The start-up plans to target clients that are not currently with Publicis agencies in a bid to put together a cross-discipline team of shops to service their needs.
UPP, which plans to expand its team on the back of new-business wins, will provide channel planning and work with strategy directors from Publicis agencies to help clients implement full-service campaigns. It launches with clients including Jazz FM and International Sports Events Consulting.
Thomson said: "UPP is about removing the huge duplication of effort that takes place across agencies and aligning agency efforts behind a common strategy."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager or Account Director - Branding & Design Royds Raphael £220-£280 day rate, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Creative Design & Brand Agency Royds Raphael £45k-£50k+neg, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- DIGITAL PROJECT DIRECTOR Royds Raphael £50K-£60K+bonus & benefits / £260++day rate., London
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Social Media Week: what social media has taught us
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- Branded Content sends messages ads cannot, Diageo boss says
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad