Wickes calls pitch for search account
Wickes, the home-improvement retailer, is reviewing its search account, currently held by Greenlight.
Those challenging for the business are thought to include OMD and iProspect, whose sister Aegis agency Carat picked up the Wickes media planning and buying account at the end of last year.
The winning agency is expected to be appointed by the end of 2012.
Wickes appointed Carat to handle its £23 million media business in December 2011 after a final shoot-out against Walker Media. The previous incumbent, MEC, dropped out earlier in the process.
The retailer also appointed Partners Andrews Aldridge to its direct marketing account in February last year.
In September, Wickes introduced a brand character, called Wickesy the dog, in a social media and TV campaign for its paint range by the advertising agency MWO and the social media shop Jam.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Director of Product Management Premier Consultants c. £120,000 plus benefits and bonus, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director - FMCG - £65k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £65000 per annum, Central London
- Marketing Manager - Award Winning ISP Zen Internet £37,000 to £42,000 + benefits, Rochdale, Greater Manchester
- Account Director - Retail - £45-55k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, Central London
- Studio Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith