Wickes calls pitch for search account
Wickes, the home-improvement retailer, is reviewing its search account, currently held by Greenlight.
Those challenging for the business are thought to include OMD and iProspect, whose sister Aegis agency Carat picked up the Wickes media planning and buying account at the end of last year.
The winning agency is expected to be appointed by the end of 2012.
Wickes appointed Carat to handle its £23 million media business in December 2011 after a final shoot-out against Walker Media. The previous incumbent, MEC, dropped out earlier in the process.
The retailer also appointed Partners Andrews Aldridge to its direct marketing account in February last year.
In September, Wickes introduced a brand character, called Wickesy the dog, in a social media and TV campaign for its paint range by the advertising agency MWO and the social media shop Jam.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- x2 Communications Officers, Higher Education Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 - £25000 per annum, London
- Marketing & Design Executive Ninesharp £20 - £25 per hour, Manchester
- Senior Consultant - Marketing Strategy Trace £60000 Per Annum, London
- Freelance Mid-Senior Digital Project Manager's required Source £200 - £350 per day, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office