Wickes calls pitch for search account
Wickes, the home-improvement retailer, is reviewing its search account, currently held by Greenlight.
Those challenging for the business are thought to include OMD and iProspect, whose sister Aegis agency Carat picked up the Wickes media planning and buying account at the end of last year.
The winning agency is expected to be appointed by the end of 2012.
Wickes appointed Carat to handle its £23 million media business in December 2011 after a final shoot-out against Walker Media. The previous incumbent, MEC, dropped out earlier in the process.
The retailer also appointed Partners Andrews Aldridge to its direct marketing account in February last year.
In September, Wickes introduced a brand character, called Wickesy the dog, in a social media and TV campaign for its paint range by the advertising agency MWO and the social media shop Jam.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films