Wickes calls pitch for search account
Wickes, the home-improvement retailer, is reviewing its search account, currently held by Greenlight.
Those challenging for the business are thought to include OMD and iProspect, whose sister Aegis agency Carat picked up the Wickes media planning and buying account at the end of last year.
The winning agency is expected to be appointed by the end of 2012.
Wickes appointed Carat to handle its £23 million media business in December 2011 after a final shoot-out against Walker Media. The previous incumbent, MEC, dropped out earlier in the process.
The retailer also appointed Partners Andrews Aldridge to its direct marketing account in February last year.
In September, Wickes introduced a brand character, called Wickesy the dog, in a social media and TV campaign for its paint range by the advertising agency MWO and the social media shop Jam.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Junior Recruitment Consultant, Insight Team Hasson Associates £Competitive , Central London
- UK Digital Lead Hasson Associates £70,000 - £83,000, Central London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Pitch update: Pre-Christmas round-up of RBS, BA and all the biggest pitches
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- Argos reviews £55 million ad account