Agencies line up for Hailo taxi app task
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 29 November 2012 08:00AM
Hailo, the taxi-booking app that has emerged as an adland favourite, is looking for a creative agency to help build its brand as it expands globally.
The app, which enables customers to electronically "hail" a black cab and pay by card, is in the early stages of a process handled by AAR.
Hailo, which was launched by a group of cab drivers and entrepreneurs in London less than a year ago, expanded to Dublin in July and launched in the US last month.
It is evaluating agencies from a variety of disciplines ahead of a pitch as it considers advertising through various channels. The brand has not previously used mainstream advertising, having relied on word of mouth and PR.
Hailo’s founders received initial seed money from the venture capital group Wellington Partners and secured a further $17 million from Accel Partners in March.
Around 15 per cent of the 23,000 cabs in London currently appear on Hailo. The app is available on Apple and Android devices.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Digital Media Executive Ultimate Asset £33000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Executive - Sutton & London Stopgap £120 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Design Director Red Sofa London £80000 - £90000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Studio Manager Aspire £28000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film