Agencies line up for Hailo taxi app task
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 29 November 2012 08:00AM
Hailo, the taxi-booking app that has emerged as an adland favourite, is looking for a creative agency to help build its brand as it expands globally.
The app, which enables customers to electronically "hail" a black cab and pay by card, is in the early stages of a process handled by AAR.
Hailo, which was launched by a group of cab drivers and entrepreneurs in London less than a year ago, expanded to Dublin in July and launched in the US last month.
It is evaluating agencies from a variety of disciplines ahead of a pitch as it considers advertising through various channels. The brand has not previously used mainstream advertising, having relied on word of mouth and PR.
Hailo’s founders received initial seed money from the venture capital group Wellington Partners and secured a further $17 million from Accel Partners in March.
Around 15 per cent of the 23,000 cabs in London currently appear on Hailo. The app is available on Apple and Android devices.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Creative Strategist- £65k - Well known FMCG Brands Gemini Search £65000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, West Midlands
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Email Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show