Agencies line up for Hailo taxi app task
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 29 November 2012 08:00AM
Hailo, the taxi-booking app that has emerged as an adland favourite, is looking for a creative agency to help build its brand as it expands globally.
The app, which enables customers to electronically "hail" a black cab and pay by card, is in the early stages of a process handled by AAR.
Hailo, which was launched by a group of cab drivers and entrepreneurs in London less than a year ago, expanded to Dublin in July and launched in the US last month.
It is evaluating agencies from a variety of disciplines ahead of a pitch as it considers advertising through various channels. The brand has not previously used mainstream advertising, having relied on word of mouth and PR.
Hailo’s founders received initial seed money from the venture capital group Wellington Partners and secured a further $17 million from Accel Partners in March.
Around 15 per cent of the 23,000 cabs in London currently appear on Hailo. The app is available on Apple and Android devices.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager (ABM) Food / FMCG William Jackson Food Group £competitive, Kingston upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Agency Royds Raphael £35k-£38k+bonus+excellent benefits, London
- Project Manager - Branding & Design FREELANCE / CONTRACT Royds Raphael £150-£180+ neg day rate, London
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- Social Media Week: what social media has taught us
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- Branded Content sends messages ads cannot, Diageo boss says
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad