Agencies line up for Hailo taxi app task
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 29 November 2012 08:00AM
Hailo, the taxi-booking app that has emerged as an adland favourite, is looking for a creative agency to help build its brand as it expands globally.
The app, which enables customers to electronically "hail" a black cab and pay by card, is in the early stages of a process handled by AAR.
Hailo, which was launched by a group of cab drivers and entrepreneurs in London less than a year ago, expanded to Dublin in July and launched in the US last month.
It is evaluating agencies from a variety of disciplines ahead of a pitch as it considers advertising through various channels. The brand has not previously used mainstream advertising, having relied on word of mouth and PR.
Hailo’s founders received initial seed money from the venture capital group Wellington Partners and secured a further $17 million from Accel Partners in March.
Around 15 per cent of the 23,000 cabs in London currently appear on Hailo. The app is available on Apple and Android devices.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Executive air recruitment Up to £22K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, Central London
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Senior Brand Manager - Drinks Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni