Agencies line up for Hailo taxi app task
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 29 November 2012 08:00AM
Hailo, the taxi-booking app that has emerged as an adland favourite, is looking for a creative agency to help build its brand as it expands globally.
The app, which enables customers to electronically "hail" a black cab and pay by card, is in the early stages of a process handled by AAR.
Hailo, which was launched by a group of cab drivers and entrepreneurs in London less than a year ago, expanded to Dublin in July and launched in the US last month.
It is evaluating agencies from a variety of disciplines ahead of a pitch as it considers advertising through various channels. The brand has not previously used mainstream advertising, having relied on word of mouth and PR.
Hailo’s founders received initial seed money from the venture capital group Wellington Partners and secured a further $17 million from Accel Partners in March.
Around 15 per cent of the 23,000 cabs in London currently appear on Hailo. The app is available on Apple and Android devices.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Brand & Design Manager British Airways Competitive salary, London Heathrow Airport, Hounslow
- Head of Biddable Aspire £45000.00 - £65000.00 per annum, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - LUXURY BRANDS £60k Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Senior Planner, Integrated, £450 p/d Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £450 per day, London
- Digital Design Manager Freedom Digital £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood