Agencies line up for Hailo taxi app task
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 29 November 2012 08:00AM
Hailo, the taxi-booking app that has emerged as an adland favourite, is looking for a creative agency to help build its brand as it expands globally.
The app, which enables customers to electronically "hail" a black cab and pay by card, is in the early stages of a process handled by AAR.
Hailo, which was launched by a group of cab drivers and entrepreneurs in London less than a year ago, expanded to Dublin in July and launched in the US last month.
It is evaluating agencies from a variety of disciplines ahead of a pitch as it considers advertising through various channels. The brand has not previously used mainstream advertising, having relied on word of mouth and PR.
Hailo’s founders received initial seed money from the venture capital group Wellington Partners and secured a further $17 million from Accel Partners in March.
Around 15 per cent of the 23,000 cabs in London currently appear on Hailo. The app is available on Apple and Android devices.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Head of Research and Insight Pitch Consultants £25000 - £35000 per annum, Liverpool
- Brand Marketing Manager Source £40000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Client/Media Agency role -Business Director -Publishing Client Ultimate Asset £65000 - £70000 per annum + great benefits package, City of London
- Senior Agency Sales - Video Advertising Aspire £40000 - £60000 per annum + 50% commission, London
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Fold7 splits with Gocompare.com amid talk of Gio Compario's return
- Pizza Hut launches Classic Crust with TV campaign
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas
- Ronseal claims to ditch 'does exactly what it says on the tin' strapline