Heineken kicks off global digital pitch
Heineken International is holding a global pitch to find an agency to create a new digital platform for its flagship beer brand.
It is believed that Creativebrief is handling the review.
The lager giant will add the appointed agency to its global roster as one of its lead digital shops. The platform is expected to focus initially on Heineken, but could be rolled out across other brands such as Strongbow, Foster’s and Kronenbourg 1664.
One agency source suggested that Heineken is seeking to build a stronger e-commerce presence through the pitch.
Heineken works with a number of agencies in the UK and globally, including AKQA, Lean Mean Fighting Machine and Iris Worldwide. Wieden & Kennedy handles Heineken’s global ad account. It is understood that its incumbent shops will not be affected by the review.
The company will look to emulate the success of previous digital projects including the Star Player, which was launched by AKQA last year as a dual-screen football game that fans could play while watching the Uefa Champions League.
Heineken has ramped up its digital activity over the past few years. In September, it launched a TV and digital campaign called "crack the case", starring the new Bond girl, Berenice Marlohe, as part of its sponsorship of the latest 007 film, Skyfall.
The ad, created by Wieden & Kennedy, opened with Marlohe inviting the viewer on to a train that takes a voyage through a spectacular vista of snowy mountains. A series of gruelling tests were then put to the viewer, leading them to "crack the case".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Freelance Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £250 per day, London
- Procurement Director - Promotions / POS / BTL - Global Role Fill Recruitment Ltd £70-£80k Basic + Superb Bonus Opportunities + Benefits, Central London
- Classified Sales Executive Lipton Fleming £20000.00 per annum + commission, London
- Agency Account Manager (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Senior Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + 30% bonus, London
- ITV confirms major shake-up of Daybreak
- Man Utd teams with Google for pitch-side digital competition
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- EE launches viral homage Gold Spot campaign
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper