Desperados crowdsources dance music live on Facebook
Desperados has collaborated with German techno-house duo Format: B to create a crowdsourced dance music track, which went live on Facebook yesterday evening.
The Heineken-owned tequila-flavoured beer brand appealed to its 1.3 million Facebook fans to create a track, as part of a global campaign, created by its agency AnalogFolk.
The event started at 6pm and lasted for two hours. Format: B suggested various loops, baselines and beats which fans could vote on to use for the track on its page.
The finished tune will be available to download from Facebook for free when completed. Fans were able to interact with each other and Format: B on the social network during the session.
As well as the track, AnalogFolk will be creating additional video content, which it will post on its Facebook wall. Desperados is a challenger brand, positioned between spirits and beer, which aims to bring the "wild side of fun" to 18- to 24-year-olds.
Digital and experiential is at the heart of Desperados’ marketing strategy. In September, it hosted a live gig in East London using a projection of a Malawian singer from the band, The Very Best, who was unable to enter the UK due to passport restrictions.
Previous innovative digital work from the brand includes an interactive ad on YouTube, enabling users to "join a party" with their Facebook friends.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- PPC Senior Account Manager : Top 20 Digital Agency Dylan Up to £40000, London
- Deputy Director of Marketing and Communications University of West England £54,827, Bristol
- Junior Digital Project Manager - Big Brand ADLIB GBP20000 - GBP25000 per annum, Wiltshire
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Shopper Marketing - 5 month CONTRACT- £180-200 day rate - Central London Judi Patton going day rate, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.