Campaign Viral Chart: Bieber does viral double
Teen sensation Justin Bieber features twice in the viral chart this week, returning to star in Macy's Christmas ad for a second year, and plugging his own fragrance.
The ad for Bieber's fragrance, Girlfriend, follows weeks of teaser ads in which the viewer is put in the position of the young singer's girlfriend.
The ad, created by BBH LA, is the second most-shared ad this week and joins Bieber's appearance in this year's Macy's Christmas ad, which debuted in last week's chart.
Last week's most-shared video, "dumb ways to die", created by McCann Melbourne for Melbourne's Metro Trains, adds a further 577,530 shares and continues its run on top.
To view the most-shared viral ads from previous weeks, visit the Brand Republic viral video board on Pinterest.
The chart, produced in conjunction with Unruly, ranks ads according to the number of times they have been shared on Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
Ads launched more than 30-days ago are not included.
1. Metro Trains Melbourne "dumb ways to die" by McCann Melbourne
577,530 shares this week
All time: 2,168,695 shares
2. Justin Bieber Girlfriend "official fragrance" by BBH, LA
137,467 shares this week
All time: 211,096 shares
3. Canadian Tourism "keep exploring" by DDB
73,905 shares this week
All time: 110,317 shares
4. Cartier "winter tale" created in-house
71,797 shares this week
All time: 89,702 shares
5. Red Bull "the athlete machine" created in-house
61,208 shares this week
All time: 900,253 shares
6. Crowdrise "self-taught African teen wows MIT" by Radical Media
57,128 shares this week
All time: 195,330 shares
7. NBA "Big: Color" by Goodby, Silverstein & Partners
55,854 shares this week
All time: 111,061 shares
8. Canon "inspired" by Grey, NY
35,110 shares this week
All time: 44,071 shares
9. Macy's "what's in store?" by JWT New York
35,026 shares this week
All time: 300,574 shares
10. John Lewis "the journey" by Adam & Eve/DDB
8,238 shares this week
All time: 264,314 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Top 10 Christmas ads 2012, as voted by mums
- Think BR: What are the supermarkets serving up for Christmas?
- Most read stories in advertising, marketing, media and PR (28 Oct - 3 Nov 2012)
- Campaign Viral Chart: Bond tops chart for Coke Zero
- Campaign Viral Chart: Brad Pitt's perfume spot overpowered by Red Bull skydive
- Campaign Viral Chart: Facebook debuts as social network reaches 1bn users
- Innovation Strategist Rare Selection Up to £50K + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Brand Consultant Rare Selection Up to £45K + benefits, London
- Brand Consultant Rare Selection Upto £55K + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Senior Developer Daniel Marks London £50K, Central London
- Senior Designer Daniel Marks London £40-45K + Benefits., London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
30 Seconds to Mars stratospheric rise on social media
In the week that it was shown that users only visited the planet Google+ for less than 7 minutes a month it’s interesting to look at how a contemporary rock artist brand goes about using social media in their marketing and the different levels of interest on different platforms.