Coral attempts to stand out in football betting ad fray
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 November 2012 01:00PM
Bookmaker Coral is to debut a TV ad featuring a football 'evolving' as it attempts to push its new mobile offering in the crowded sports betting market.
The ad is the first created by DLKW, which Coral appointed as its advertising agency in June.
It is intended to be different from other bookmakers’ creative ploys, for example Ladbrokes’ excitable Italian football commentator and Bet365’s Ray Winstone-fronted ads.
It begins with a 1930s football flying through the air. The football sheds its 1930s covering to reveal a 1950s style, then a 1970s and finally a modern-day look.
Matt Prevost, marketing director at Coral Interactive, said: "The ads convey the simple message that we’re evolving and in doing so we are raising our game."
The ad will debut on Sky Sports tomorrow (1 December) before the lunchtime West Ham vs Chelsea game.
Coral is the UK's third-largest retail bookmaker with a 20 per cent market share.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Campaigns Manager Brand Recruitment Ã‚£40000 per annum, Bishop's Stortford
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - AGENCY - LONDON - Ã‚£45-55K + BENEFITS Salt Ã‚£45000 - Ã‚£55000 per annum + BENEFITS , City of London
- Marketing Coordinator,Construction, London, £28k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £24000 - £28000 per annum, Benefits: benefits, London
- Digital Hybrid Project/Acc Manager, London, £40k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, Twickenham
- CREATIVE DESIGNER - EVENTS AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, London