Zenith expects TV ad market to fall in 2013
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 03 December 2012 09:45AM
ZenithOptimedia has again cut its forecast for UK adspend growth and expects the TV market to contract 1% next year.
The Publicis Groupe media agency had previously forecast a flat 2013 for the UK’s biggest advertising medium, with 3.4% growth for the entire ad market.
It has also downgraded its 2013 overall market growth prediction to 2.5%, after trimming every medium except cinema.
This year’s growth has also been downgraded from 2.2% to 1.6%. The post-Olympic performance of press has been troubling, with a 10% drop in October, and the agency is now expecting the press market to drop 7.3% this year.
Digital is not unscathed, with its 2012 growth forecast reduced from 11% to 10.5% and 2013 reduced from 9.9% to 9.2%.
The agency said: "Video continues to be the major driver behind digital growth; in H1 2012 it was up 43% year on year.
"Social media continues to grow aggressively as well, but we are expecting Google to overtake Facebook to become the market leader in terms of revenue."
ZenithOptimedia's forecasts for 2013 growth: September 2012 vs December 2012
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Sports! Cross Platform Creative Solutions Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential & Bens, London
- Agency Account Director- Programmatic Video Platform Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + commission & benefits, London
- Account Manager EMEA - Ad-tech Company Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + bonus & benefits , London
- Senior PR Account MAnager - Digital AF Selection £30000 - £35000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Account Director Pitch Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum + benefits, West Midlands
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile