Zenith expects TV ad market to fall in 2013
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 03 December 2012 09:45AM
ZenithOptimedia has again cut its forecast for UK adspend growth and expects the TV market to contract 1% next year.
The Publicis Groupe media agency had previously forecast a flat 2013 for the UK’s biggest advertising medium, with 3.4% growth for the entire ad market.
It has also downgraded its 2013 overall market growth prediction to 2.5%, after trimming every medium except cinema.
This year’s growth has also been downgraded from 2.2% to 1.6%. The post-Olympic performance of press has been troubling, with a 10% drop in October, and the agency is now expecting the press market to drop 7.3% this year.
Digital is not unscathed, with its 2012 growth forecast reduced from 11% to 10.5% and 2013 reduced from 9.9% to 9.2%.
The agency said: "Video continues to be the major driver behind digital growth; in H1 2012 it was up 43% year on year.
"Social media continues to grow aggressively as well, but we are expecting Google to overtake Facebook to become the market leader in terms of revenue."
ZenithOptimedia's forecasts for 2013 growth: September 2012 vs December 2012
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Strategic Planning Director - Multinational Advertising Agency - Dubai HR Source Very attractive TAX FREE salary, Dubai
- Marketing Manager Barclay Meade negotiable, Sandringham
- Direct Marketing Manager Prostate Cancer UK £39,362 per annum, London Bridge
- Graphic Designer Major Players £20000 - £40000 per annum, Thames Ditton
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'