ITV attracts 10.6m viewers to I'm a Celeb final
The 12th series of ITV's reality show, 'I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!', peaked with 10.6 million viewers on Saturday 1 December, a 47% audience share.
The five-minute peak audience for 'I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!' came as viewers tuned into ITV1, ITV1 HD and ITV1 +1 at 10.15pm to watch Charlie Brooks, who plays Janine Butcher in ‘Eastenders’, crowned Queen of the jungle.
Brooks beat Pussycat Dolls' Ashley Roberts into second place, with world heavyweight champion boxer David Hayes taking third.
'I'm a Celeb's' Saturday competition included BBC1's 'Casualty' (3.6 million/14.0% share), 'Live at the Apollo' (2.4 million/10.4%), BBC2's 'Michael Jackson: Bad 25' (800,000/4.6%), Channel 4's 'Star Trek' movie repeat (1.2 million/5.8%) and Channel 5's 'Boxing' (1.3 million/5.8%)
In terms of unofficial 15 minute viewing figures, the final show of the series averaged 9.8 million and a 42% share - an increase of 200,000 viewers on last year's final.
Overall, series 12 has averaged 9.2 million viewers and a 37% share, making it the fourth most watched series ever, up on last year's series average of 8.9 million viewers.
The figures represent another good year for ITV's stalwart series, fronted by Ant McPartlin and Dec Donnelly, despite the 'I'm a Celeb' launch night on 12 November being down 200,000 viewers from the previous year.
An ITV spokesperson said: "With recorded viewing factored in, 'I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here' Series 12 is currently averaging 10.7 million viewers, making it the highest rating series in the show's history, based on consolidated data."Follow @DurraniMix
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 per annum + Car or c/a, South East England
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Qual Research Executive Ball & Hoolahan £30,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media