Dennis launches interactive Auto Express iPad app
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 03 December 2012 04:16PM
Auto Express, the weekly car magazine published by Dennis, has launched an iPad app, which includes interactive ads for Mazda, Jaguar and Remington.
The app will be free for the six issues between now and 2 January 2013. A joint print and iPad subscription costs £1 for the first six issues, followed by £22.99 for every 13 issues, while a digital-only subscription costs £1 for the first six issues, followed by £16.99 for every 13 issues.
According to Dennis, key features will include the latest car news and reviews, "specially optimised" images, exclusive video content, a search facility for articles by manufacturer and a "unique specification comparison between models".
The app also features several interactive ads, which were all created by Dennis's in-house ad creative team. The concept and functionality of the ads were designed and built from scratch by the team to make "full use" of the iPad's features.
These ads include a 360-degree photo of the Mazda CX-5 and the rebalancing feature in the Jaguar Sportbrake. Both ads utilise the iPad's touchscreen and the accelerometer.
The Remington Touch ad includes a video, 360-degree product view, hotspots, and the chance to use the touchscreen to shave a face with your finger.
Steve Fowler, editor-in-chief of Auto Express, said: "We're hugely proud of our new app – it's been designed to allow our users to experience the very best weekly car stories in an exciting new format. It's the most advanced app Dennis Publishing has produced to date, and has been vigorously tested for user experience."
James Burnay, publishing director of Auto Express, said: "Auto Express iPad edition is the perfect platform for advertisers wishing to create ground-breaking interactive campaigns, with unique adverts from Jaguar, Mazda and Remington Touch all booked prior to its release".
Auto Express's weekly circulation is 54,633 copies according to figures published by the Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC).
Dennis also claims that more than 1.5 million unique users visit its website every month.Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- DIGITAL DESIGNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Spectrum 360 Recruitment £33k - £42k, London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad