DCM promotes Davina Barker to head of agency sales
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 04 December 2012 10:00AM
Digital Cinema Media (DCM), the UK cinema advertising company, has promoted Davina Barker to the head of agency sales.
Barker will be responsible for leading the agency sales team, following DCM’s switch to digital ad delivery, to generate new and incremental revenues, as well as developing DCM’s relationships with buying agencies across the UK.
She will report into Joe Evea, the newly appointed commercial director. Evea was formerly business development director but took the new role three weeks ago after a restructure that included the departure of Jeremy Playle, the sales director.
Barker, who joined DCM as sales controller in 2009 from IDS and ITV, will be leading the sales drive to communicate the scope of cinema’s new digital possibilities to agencies, as well realising innovative advertising solutions for brands.
Davina Barker, DCM head of agency sales, said: "This is the most exciting time in the history of cinema advertising and now that DCM’s digital operation is in place I’m looking forward to delivering the new advertising portfolio this offers. Cinema has always been the ultimate appointment to view and it has just got even more powerful."
Evea said: "Davina’s strong track record at DCM and in the wider media industry identified her as the best person to lead the agency sales team as we take these new digital opportunities to the market."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Press Planning/Buying Account Executive Lipton Fleming £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Marketing Assistant Stonor Marketing Assistant, Buckinghamshire
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign