DCM promotes Davina Barker to head of agency sales
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 04 December 2012 10:00AM
Digital Cinema Media (DCM), the UK cinema advertising company, has promoted Davina Barker to the head of agency sales.
Barker will be responsible for leading the agency sales team, following DCM’s switch to digital ad delivery, to generate new and incremental revenues, as well as developing DCM’s relationships with buying agencies across the UK.
She will report into Joe Evea, the newly appointed commercial director. Evea was formerly business development director but took the new role three weeks ago after a restructure that included the departure of Jeremy Playle, the sales director.
Barker, who joined DCM as sales controller in 2009 from IDS and ITV, will be leading the sales drive to communicate the scope of cinema’s new digital possibilities to agencies, as well realising innovative advertising solutions for brands.
Davina Barker, DCM head of agency sales, said: "This is the most exciting time in the history of cinema advertising and now that DCM’s digital operation is in place I’m looking forward to delivering the new advertising portfolio this offers. Cinema has always been the ultimate appointment to view and it has just got even more powerful."
Evea said: "Davina’s strong track record at DCM and in the wider media industry identified her as the best person to lead the agency sales team as we take these new digital opportunities to the market."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Senior Sales Executive- Fashion & Beauty Video Ultimate Asset £27000 - £35000 per annum + commission and benefits , City of London
- Sales Manager - Ad-tech, Content, Video and Programmatic Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Head of Fundraising Brand Recruitment £40000 per annum, Peterborough
- Digital Designer Creative Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, London