Thinkbox live stream: Advertising Effectiveness
By Staff, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 05 December 2012 12:01AM
Brand Republic is live streaming this morning's Thinkbox event 'Advertising Effectiveness: the long and the short of it', which starts at 9am and includes presentations from Les Binet, Peter Field and Marie Oldham.
The event is taking place at Bafta in London’s Piccadilly between 9am and 1pm on Wednesday (5 December) and will be streamed live here.
Les Binet, head of effectiveness, adam&eve DDB, and acclaimed marketing specialist, Peter Field, are unveiling the eagerly awaited update of their seminal 2007 effectiveness study, 'Marketing in the Era of Accountability'.
Binet and Field’s celebrated 'Marketing in the Era of Accountability' provided a meta-analysis of 880 IPA Effectiveness Awards entries from across 26 years was crammed full of wisdom and insight; it challenged and changed many commonly held beliefs in marketing.
Other speakers include Mike Colling, managing director at Mike Colling & Company; Craig Inglis, marketing director at John Lewis; Marie Oldham, chief strategy officer at MPG Media Contacts; and Neil Mortensen, research and planning director at Thinkbox.
Your online EPG
- 9.00am to 9.15am Introduction
Lindsey Clay, managing director of Thinkbox, introduces the morning.
- 9.15am to 10.45am Short term sales, long term profit
Les Binet, head of effectiveness, adam&eve DDB, and Peter Field, marketing consultant, will give the keynote presentation unveiling the eagerly awaited update of their seminal 2007 IPA effectiveness study, 'Marketing in the Era of Accountability'.
- 10.45am to 11.15am Break
- 11.15am to 12.00pm Panel session with…
…Les Binet; Peter Field; Marie Oldham, Chief Strategy Officer at MPG Media Contacts; and Neil Mortensen, Thinkbox’s research and planning director. They will discuss the research and its implications. Chaired by Tess Alps, Thinkbox’s executive chair.
- 12.00pm to 12.20pm Balancing long and short-term effectiveness
Mike Colling, managing director at Mike Colling & Company, will examine the issues involved by looking at three different brand stories.
- 12.20pm – 1pm Show some emotion
Craig Inglis, marketing director at John Lewis, will be sitting down with Lindsey Clay to discuss his experience of managing the long and short term challenges of advertising return.
- 1pm Event close
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Digital Account Manager - Brand Accounts!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England
- Customer Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + c/a, South East England
- Senior Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + car or c/a, London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham