Thinkbox live stream: Advertising Effectiveness
By Staff, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 05 December 2012 12:01AM
Brand Republic is live streaming this morning's Thinkbox event 'Advertising Effectiveness: the long and the short of it', which starts at 9am and includes presentations from Les Binet, Peter Field and Marie Oldham.
The event is taking place at Bafta in London’s Piccadilly between 9am and 1pm on Wednesday (5 December) and will be streamed live here.
Les Binet, head of effectiveness, adam&eve DDB, and acclaimed marketing specialist, Peter Field, are unveiling the eagerly awaited update of their seminal 2007 effectiveness study, 'Marketing in the Era of Accountability'.
Binet and Field’s celebrated 'Marketing in the Era of Accountability' provided a meta-analysis of 880 IPA Effectiveness Awards entries from across 26 years was crammed full of wisdom and insight; it challenged and changed many commonly held beliefs in marketing.
Other speakers include Mike Colling, managing director at Mike Colling & Company; Craig Inglis, marketing director at John Lewis; Marie Oldham, chief strategy officer at MPG Media Contacts; and Neil Mortensen, research and planning director at Thinkbox.
Your online EPG
- 9.00am to 9.15am Introduction
Lindsey Clay, managing director of Thinkbox, introduces the morning.
- 9.15am to 10.45am Short term sales, long term profit
Les Binet, head of effectiveness, adam&eve DDB, and Peter Field, marketing consultant, will give the keynote presentation unveiling the eagerly awaited update of their seminal 2007 IPA effectiveness study, 'Marketing in the Era of Accountability'.
- 10.45am to 11.15am Break
- 11.15am to 12.00pm Panel session with…
…Les Binet; Peter Field; Marie Oldham, Chief Strategy Officer at MPG Media Contacts; and Neil Mortensen, Thinkbox’s research and planning director. They will discuss the research and its implications. Chaired by Tess Alps, Thinkbox’s executive chair.
- 12.00pm to 12.20pm Balancing long and short-term effectiveness
Mike Colling, managing director at Mike Colling & Company, will examine the issues involved by looking at three different brand stories.
- 12.20pm – 1pm Show some emotion
Craig Inglis, marketing director at John Lewis, will be sitting down with Lindsey Clay to discuss his experience of managing the long and short term challenges of advertising return.
- 1pm Event close
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- B2B Lead Generation Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £20000 - £40000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- Out of Home Sales - Huge digital potential! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £75000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Planning Manager - Unique Opportunity! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits, London
- Comms Manager - Top 5 global media agency - GAMING ACCOUNT Ultimate Asset £4000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Broadcast / Online Planning Manager -Leading Media Owner Aspire £45000.00 - £46000.00 per annum, London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile