Ann Summers runs adult Christmas campaign after watershed
Ann Summers, the lingerie and sex toy retailer, has launched a raunchy 'Christmas for Grown Ups' TV campaign that is being aired in one version after the 9pm watershed and another after 11pm.
The campaign was created in-house and includes an even more explicit uncut version of the ad, which is being hosted online because it has been deemed "too naughty" for TV.
Creative is designed to capture a traditional festive scene with taking a "sexy" twist to remind viewers that Christmas is also for adults.
Ann Summers aired the 'light' TV ad (below) last night on ITV2 during the first ad break of the live episode of 'The Only Way is Essex'.
A steamier ad post-11pm will direct viewers to the extended, uncut version of the ad (see below) being hosted online.
Television spots will be shown across channels including E4, ITV2 Film4 and 4Music over the next week.
Media planning and buying has been handled by Goodstuff, while the ad was produced by Jo Tanner and Mark Howard at Us London.
Separately, Ann Summers clarified it was not behind the online spoof of the John Lewis Christmas ad that showed the snowwoman using a sex toy. The video has now been taken down and hosts a message stating the video has been blocked because it included music from an EMI artist.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014