Twinings hires marketing director ahead of relaunch
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 04 December 2012 12:00PM
Twinings has promoted its marketing excellence manager Heather Hartridge to the role of UK marketing director, ahead of a brand relaunch next year.
Hatridge joined Twinings in 2003 as senior brand manager, rising up the ranks and taking her most recent role at the business two years ago. Prior to Twinings, she worked at Kraft in brand managing roles for five years.
She replaces Sean Summers, who left the business in September this year to head up ecommerce business MercadoLibre in Argentina.
Her appointment comes as Twinings relaunches its fruit and herbal teas range. Earlier this month, it introduced new packaging for its teas range and introduced three new flavours.
Twinings will support the relaunch with a £1.3m above-the-line marketing campaign next year, although a launch date is yet to be confirmed.
Twinings is the third largest tea brand in the UK, with a market share of 11%, after PG Tips, which accounts for a 25% of the market, and Tetley, which has an 18% share, according to Mintel.
Hatridge said: "I'm really excited to be re-joining the Twinings UK marketing team with such an exciting year ahead. We’re about to re-launch our entire Fruit and Herbal tea range, and from what I've seen and tasted, they’ll be a real hit with consumers."Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Account Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £29,000 - £37,000 + Benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50,000- £59,000 + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Insight Manager, Digital Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Global Digital Analyst Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Advertising Specialist Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum , West Midlands Region
Agency: McCann Erickson
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad