Twinings hires marketing director ahead of relaunch
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 04 December 2012 12:00PM
Twinings has promoted its marketing excellence manager Heather Hartridge to the role of UK marketing director, ahead of a brand relaunch next year.
Hatridge joined Twinings in 2003 as senior brand manager, rising up the ranks and taking her most recent role at the business two years ago. Prior to Twinings, she worked at Kraft in brand managing roles for five years.
She replaces Sean Summers, who left the business in September this year to head up ecommerce business MercadoLibre in Argentina.
Her appointment comes as Twinings relaunches its fruit and herbal teas range. Earlier this month, it introduced new packaging for its teas range and introduced three new flavours.
Twinings will support the relaunch with a £1.3m above-the-line marketing campaign next year, although a launch date is yet to be confirmed.
Twinings is the third largest tea brand in the UK, with a market share of 11%, after PG Tips, which accounts for a 25% of the market, and Tetley, which has an 18% share, according to Mintel.
Hatridge said: "I'm really excited to be re-joining the Twinings UK marketing team with such an exciting year ahead. We’re about to re-launch our entire Fruit and Herbal tea range, and from what I've seen and tasted, they’ll be a real hit with consumers."Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- TV body Barb to track viewing via tablets
- Reebok Classics brand film champions 'Madchester' revival
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014