CHI expands global network with Bates Asia joint venture
campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 05 December 2012 08:33AM
CHI & Partners has expanded its global network to Asia by forming a joint venture with sister WPP network Bates Asia.
The 50/50 joint venture will add 14 Asian offices to CHI & Partner’s global presence, which comprises its London and New York offices.
In Asia, the network will be known as Bates CHI & Partners, whilst in New York and London it will continue to be CHI & Partners.
The network will be run by CHI co-founder Johnny Hornby in the role of global executive chairman and is billed as a "new model network with deep roots in Asia and world class creative credentials".
David Mayo, who left WPP’s O&M Asean a month ago to head up Bates, takes on the role of chief executive of Bates CHI & Partners in Asia.
Bates Asia’s global clients include Unilever, Indonesia and Diageo, while CHI & Partners handles Lexus and Samsung globally.
Mark Sinnock, the planning director at Ogilvy & Mather Asia Pacific and former Asda marketer, joins as chief strategy officer of Bates CHI & Partners in Asia.
Johnny Hornby said: "This new model network will use our big ideas process to put together bespoke multi-disciplined teams across geographies. It will be a nimbler, faster, more modern alternative to the big networks."
Bates was acquired by WPP in 2003. It then merged with the agency 141 to form Bates 141, but rebranded last year to drop the 141 from its name.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- planning Director Twist Recruitment £80000 - £100000 per annum, London
- Digital Account Manager [Beauty Account] - Excellent London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k + great benefits, Central London
- Account Manager - Superb Central London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k, Central London
- Trading Sales Mnager, major RTB platform Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + +20-30k bonus, London
- Agency digital trading desk Account Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + agency bens, London
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
What we can all learn from how Daft Punk won the web