Arena Media lands Ricola account
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 05 December 2012 09:38AM
Arena Media has won the £3m media account for Swiss herbal sweet brand Ricola following a pitch against three other undisclosed agencies.
It is understood that there was no incumbent agency on the account.
The new Ricola campaign will launch in the New Year with the brand set to invest £3m in TV advertising across 2013 from an overall marketing budget of £5.5m.
According to Arena, the campaign marks a move back to TV advertising for the Swiss confectioner, following "impressive" year-on-year sales growth.
All media will be planned and bought by Arena Media, with creative work being produced in-house.
The new campaign will aim to highlight Ricola as the sweet with a "natural mouthwatering" taste that epitomises the Swiss Alps.
The campaign will target upmarket 35- to 64-year-old women and will launch with a roadblock of programmes on Sunday night.
Andy Richman, Ricola country manager for UK and Ireland, said: "Arena Media was selected for its focused approach, consumer understanding and its stand out creativity."
Pedro Avery, managing director at Arena Media, said: "Having not advertised above the line for the past couple of years, this is a great opportunity for the brand to make a big impact."
Ricola is currently available in 50 countries.Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £27000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, City of London
- Senior Planner/Buyer - (Tv,Press) - Top 10 Media Agency- London Major Players £25000 - £30000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014