Arena Media lands Ricola account
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 05 December 2012 09:38AM
Arena Media has won the £3m media account for Swiss herbal sweet brand Ricola following a pitch against three other undisclosed agencies.
It is understood that there was no incumbent agency on the account.
The new Ricola campaign will launch in the New Year with the brand set to invest £3m in TV advertising across 2013 from an overall marketing budget of £5.5m.
According to Arena, the campaign marks a move back to TV advertising for the Swiss confectioner, following "impressive" year-on-year sales growth.
All media will be planned and bought by Arena Media, with creative work being produced in-house.
The new campaign will aim to highlight Ricola as the sweet with a "natural mouthwatering" taste that epitomises the Swiss Alps.
The campaign will target upmarket 35- to 64-year-old women and will launch with a roadblock of programmes on Sunday night.
Andy Richman, Ricola country manager for UK and Ireland, said: "Arena Media was selected for its focused approach, consumer understanding and its stand out creativity."
Pedro Avery, managing director at Arena Media, said: "Having not advertised above the line for the past couple of years, this is a great opportunity for the brand to make a big impact."
Ricola is currently available in 50 countries.Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- SINGAPORE - ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - TECH CLIENTS - TOP MEDIA AGENCY! Ultimate Asset £55000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus + benefits, Singapore
- McDonald's 10 best UK ads
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- Campaign Viral Chart: Busta Rhymes features in Toyota rap ad
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Magazine ABCs: a media agency viewpoint
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders