Arena Media lands Ricola account
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 05 December 2012 09:38AM
Arena Media has won the £3m media account for Swiss herbal sweet brand Ricola following a pitch against three other undisclosed agencies.
It is understood that there was no incumbent agency on the account.
The new Ricola campaign will launch in the New Year with the brand set to invest £3m in TV advertising across 2013 from an overall marketing budget of £5.5m.
According to Arena, the campaign marks a move back to TV advertising for the Swiss confectioner, following "impressive" year-on-year sales growth.
All media will be planned and bought by Arena Media, with creative work being produced in-house.
The new campaign will aim to highlight Ricola as the sweet with a "natural mouthwatering" taste that epitomises the Swiss Alps.
The campaign will target upmarket 35- to 64-year-old women and will launch with a roadblock of programmes on Sunday night.
Andy Richman, Ricola country manager for UK and Ireland, said: "Arena Media was selected for its focused approach, consumer understanding and its stand out creativity."
Pedro Avery, managing director at Arena Media, said: "Having not advertised above the line for the past couple of years, this is a great opportunity for the brand to make a big impact."
Ricola is currently available in 50 countries.Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Publisher Development Manager - video Ultimate Asset £45000 - £50000 per annum + commission, London
- Digital Account Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Online Marketing Executive JV Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, Manchester
- Loyalty Senior Product Manager Ultimate Asset €70000 - €73000 per annum + Relocation package, Bavaria
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control