OgilvyOne sweeps board at DMA Awards
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 05 December 2012 10:03AM
OgilvyOne won the Grand Prix at last night's DMA Awards after its campaign for an industrial weighing scales manufacturer won gold in nine categories.
The winning campaign for the manufacturer, Kern & Sohn, produced a return on investment of 1,042%.
OgilvyOne’s strategy was to send Kern & Sohn customers and scientists around the world a kit containing a set of scales and a garden gnome to test the theory that gravitational pull varies in strength depending on where you are in the world.
The agency created a website, GnomeExperiement.com, which attracted links from 16,386 websites two weeks into the campaign, while the news story reached an audience of more than 355 million in 152 countries.
Wayne Hemingway, the British designer who chaired the judges, said: "I’d like to congratulate OgilvyOne UK on their victor for what was a truly sublime campaign. It’s amazing what you can achieve with a gnome and a little creative ingenuity."
OgilvyOne won a total of 10 Golds, ahead of Proximity London’s four.
|List of Gold winners|
|Automotive||Bentley Motors||Targetbase Claydon Heeley|
|Travel and holidays||Tourism Ireland||Indicia|
|IT and telecommunications||Intel||MRM Meteorite|
|Financial services||Mini Finance||Lida|
|Public sector and charity||Battersea Dogs and Cats Home||MRM Meteorite|
|B2B||Kern & Sohn||OgilvyOne UK|
|B2C||News International||Partners Andrews Aldridge|
|Best use of email marketing||Starbucks||Kitcatt Nohr Digitas|
|Best use of eCRM||HMV||CreatorMail|
|Best website or landing page||Kern & Sohn||OgilvyOne UK|
|Best online display advertising||Drinkaware||OgilvyOne UK|
|Best use of search, natural and paid for||Kern & Sohn||OgilvyOne UK|
|Best use of social media for brand building||Kern & Sohn||OgilvyOne UK|
|Best use of social media for customer acquisition||P&G||Proximity London|
|Best direct response television and radio advertising||Warner Leisure Hotels||Mike Colling and Company Limited|
|Best direct response print advertising and inserts||Warner Leisure Hotels||Mike Colling and Company Ltd|
|Best use of door drops||The Royal British Legion||Tangible|
|Best use of experiential||Carte Noire Instant Coffee||Arc UK|
|Best design or art direction||Lürzer's International Archive||Arc UK|
|Best data strategy||HMV||CreatorMail|
|Best use of data in a digital campaign||T-Mobile||Fuel|
|Best brand building campaign||Kern & Sohn||OgilvyOne UK|
|Best customer acquisition campaign||Waitrose||Kitcatt Nohr Digitas and Manning Gottlieb OMD|
|Best use of new technology||P&G||Proximity London|
|Best customer journey||Thomson/TUI UK||CreatorMail|
|Best user experience||FRijj Milkshakes||iris Nation Worldwide Ltd|
|Best integrated campaign||Kern & Sohn||Ogilvy One UK|
|Best launch campaign||Sony Music/Syco||archilbald ingall stretton|
|Best small budget campaign||Kern & Sohn||OgilvyOne UK|
|Best creative solution or innovation||Kern & Sohn||OgilvyOne UK|
|Best loyalty programme or campaign||P&G||Proximity London|
|Best use of 2012 summer of sport||Royal Mail Stamps and Collectibles||Beta London|
|Best use of direct mail||Kern & Sohn||OgilvyOne UK|
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Partner Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, Brentford, London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits, East Midlands Region / Leicestershire
- Account Manager - Shopper / Promotional Marketing Agency Stonor £30K + as a benchmark but depends on level of experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- 8 things I learnt as an IPA ad student
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Campaign Viral Chart: Always ad reaches no 1 for second time
- Agencies need to be more creative about creativity
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency