Roché to replace Hopson as leader of WPP's Team Red
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 December 2012 08:00AM
Russell Hopson, the former group managing director of Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, is to leave his position heading up WPP's Team Red, the bespoke unit that services Vodafone.
His departure comes after just 15 months in the role and follows a period of turmoil at the mobile phone company. In September, Vodafone drafted in the former Mini marketer Barbara Haase as the global group brand director, replacing Clare Sheikh, who quit earlier that month.
Shortly after Sheikh announced her departure, Vodafone’s UK marketing director, Danielle Crook, also revealed that she was leaving.
Crook had been responsible for awarding the £47 million UK advertising account to RKCR/Y&R last year – a move that prompted Hopson’s promotion to global business director and managing director of Team Red – and for signing off its current campaign featuring the Star Wars character Yoda.
WPP has drafted in Jean-Louis Roché to replace Hopson and run Team Red. The Frenchman joins from the JWT Global Task Force and was a member of the agency’s winning pitch team for Vodafone Spain last year, an account that he has subsequently run.
Hopson, who had worked at RKCR/Y&R since 2005, will now focus on other clients within WPP.
Crook has subsequently joined Starbucks.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014