Intel to air X Factor viewers' festive messages in live TV ads
Intel is planning to live edit festive messages to loved ones during this weekend's 'X Factor' final and run them alongside Facebook images of the message sender to push the "creative possibilities" of the brand.
Viewers wishing to take part in the competition will be prompted to download or open the Shazam app by a 10-second spot before the start of 'The X Factor'.
A Shazam-enabled version of Intel’s ‘London Train’ spot, which highlights the brand’s processors are used in ultrabook computers, will run in the first 'X Factor' ad break.
Viwers who use Shazam during the ad will be directed to a page within the app, which will allow them to personalise Christmas messages to loved ones and submit alongside a Facebook image.
The messages will be moderated and edited with a selection airing in the first ad break following 'The X Factor' final.
Media planning and buying for the campaign is being handled by OMD.
Awareness of the ad campaign will be pushed from tomorrow via a social media campaign by ITV and Intel and a microsite on the ITV website.
Alistair Kemp, consumer marketing manager at Intel UK, said: "The Intel and ultrabook brands are all about the creative possibilities that our technology enables, so in offering viewers the chance to get involved and spread a bit of festive cheer, hopefully we’re giving them an experience they’ll value."
Intel will also give its signature sound a seasonal twist for the Christmas campaign.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director - Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £45k - £55k, London, Central
- Account Manager- Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £28k - £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media