Carlsberg calls ad pitch
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 December 2012 08:00AM
Carlsberg is talking to networks about a global advertising brief.
The brewer has issued an RFI directly to creative networks from its headquarters in Copenhagen.
The approach relates to an international advertising project to "iconise" the main Carlsberg brand. It is unclear how the agency search will impact on Fold7, the global incumbent on the Carlsberg business.
LBi, which was hired in May to handle Carlsberg’s global digital account, is thought to be unaffected by the pitch.
Fold7, which was appointed as the lead global agency for the brand’s relaunch campaign in 2010, introduced the line "That calls for a Carlsberg" in April last year. Carlsberg dropped its famous "Probably the best lager in the world" tagline, created by Saatchi & Saatchi, in favour of the new positioning.
Fold7 has since created a patriotic TV campaign for Carlsberg starring Sir Bobby Charlton, Stuart Pearce, Ian Wright and Des Lynam to promote the brand’s sponsorship of the Uefa Euro 2012 football tournament. One ad, "fan academy", showed England fans being physically and mentally put through their paces.
The brand’s most recent campaign, also by Fold7, was called "the crate escape". It showed a group of Carlsberg-drinking males attempting to escape an oppressive female-centric spa.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Graphic Designer AF Selection £18,000 - £26,000, Derbyshire
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £28000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Senior PR Account Executive / Junior PR Acocunt Manager AF Selection £20,000 - £25,000, Leicestershire
- Shopper Group Head/Creative Director OneDog £65k - £75k depending on experience , London (Central), London (Greater)
- SAE/AM - Digital - Social - £25k Source £20000 - £25000 per annum, London
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- 7 things Proximity has learned in the new Omnicom building