Dyson kicks off £130m media contest
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 December 2012 08:00AM
Dyson, the brand best known for its vacuum cleaners, is reviewing its estimated £130 million global media planning and buying account.
The incumbent on the £12 million UK business is PHD, while Mindshare looks after the bulk of its markets in mainland Europe. UM handles the media planning and buying for North America.
Sarah Stevens, the senior category specialist at Dyson, is handling the review. It is being led out of Dyson’s UK headquarters in Wiltshire. Chemistry meetings are being held next week.
Agency sources said that Dyson is exploring the benefits of consolidating into a global network. Dyson is active in 40 countries around the world.
PHD was appointed to the UK account in 2010 after a pitch process. In the same year, Dyson launched a review of its pan-European business, which was retained by Mindshare. Both reviews were handled by AAR.
Dyson has handled its creative in-house following its split from VCCP in 2007.
In March, Dyson failed to convince the Advertising Standards Authority to ban a TV spot for the vacuum cleaner brand Vax after questioning the substance of its "outstanding suction power" claims. The ASA ruled that it was not misleading.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Director > ATL > TOP LONDON AGENCY collectivo £55,000 - £65,000, London
- planner > HUGE opportunity > BRAVE client collectivo Up to £60,000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Foodie Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager (senior) Corporate Communications Recruitment circa £55k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Consultant Corporate Communications Recruitment £70-£80k base plus bonus and package, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham