Agencies vie for Grant's global creative task
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 December 2012 08:00AM
Grant's, the blended Scotch whisky brand, is reviewing its global advertising account as it moves to ramp up its marketing activity.
The First Drinks-owned brand has already contacted agencies to invite them to pitch for the business in a process being run by The Observatory.
Grant’s has previously worked with My Agency, which won the global business in 2007.
The brand recently signed a six-figure deal to sponsor programming on ITV4. As part of the year-long deal, Grant’s will sponsor ITV4 between 11pm and 3am under the strapline: "Grant’s whisky sponsors TV of character on ITV4."
Recent marketing activity from Grant’s has included the "After Hours Club" website, created by Geronimo. The aim was to develop brand loyalty by focusing on hobbies associated with whisky-drinkers such as gardening and classical music.
In 2008, My Agency created a global print campaign for Grant’s 12 Year Old. The work showcased the layers of taste and flavour blended into the whisky.
First Drinks’ other brands include Glenfiddich, Disaronno, Cointreau, Hendrick’s Gin, Tullamore Dew, Sailor Jerry, Charles Heidsieck and Piper-Heidsieck.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- OOH Field Sales Business Development Manager-£65k Uncapped OTE! Ultimate Asset £25000 - £65000 per annum + Includes uncapped commission, West End
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED B2B AGENCY Live Recruitment £26000 - £30000 per annum, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER Live Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Digital Operations Director - Display, Video & Mobile Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London