IPA names Ian Priest as new president
The IPA has named Ian Priest, founding partner of VCCP, as its new president from 21 March 2013.
Priest, international managing director of Chime, will succeed Nicola Mendelsohn, chairman and partner of Karmarama, as president after being nominated by the IPA Council.
Priest will be expected to serve a two-year term, which will be first ratified on the 21st March 2013 as part of the IPA’s AGM proceedings.
His first public platform will be at the IPA Members’ lunch at the Waldorf Hilton in April 2013 where he will outline his two-year manifesto.
The announcement follows a formal three-month selection process by the Presidential Nominating Committee, led by immediate past president Rory Sutherland, Vice-Chairman Ogilvy Group.
Sutherland said: "We are delighted that Ian has accepted our invitation to be the next President of the IPA.He has experience of a wide range of agency disciplines as well as huge entrepreneurial spirit. I’ve no doubt he will be a fantastic leader for the IPA and the industry."
Priest added: "I am extremely flattered and honoured to be chosen as the IPA’s next President and I look forward to building on Nicola’s tremendous work in guiding our industry through changing and exciting times."
Priest graduated with a degree in Business Studies from Kingston University in 1985. In 2002 he and his three partners founded VCCP, which joined the Chime Group in 2005.
He is now on the Executive Board of Chime, heading up Chime’s new ventures and international expansion. He is a member of the IPA Council and previously chaired the IPA Value of Advertising Group. He is also a non-Executive Director of a number of start-up businesses.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- SOCIAL MEDIA SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - WEST END - TO £29,000 D Salt £28000 - £29000 per annum + excellent benefits!!, London
- Global Market Launch Manager Stopgap competitive + excellent benefits, Surrey
- B2B Campaign Manager UK Stopgap competitive + benefits, Surrey
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure