Continental Tyres to sponsor 'Dancing on Ice' and England football on ITV
Continental Tyres has signed a seven-figure deal to sponsor the new series of celebrity skating competition 'Dancing on Ice', as well as ITV's 2013 coverage of the England football team.
Continental Tyres will be the headline sponsor of ‘Dancing on Ice’ when it returns next year. The show is fronted by Phillip Schofield and Christine Bleakley and the celebrities are coached by Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean.
Although there is no international tournament next year, there will be 12 England games and Continental will be the headline sponsor of ITV's coverage, in a bid to expand its relationship with football.
Continental Tyres is an official sponsor of FIFA World Cup 2014 and UEFA Euro 2016.
The combination of football and 'Dancing on Ice' is designed to target ABC1 men and women.
The two sponsorships were negotiated by Initiative and the idents will be made by integrated agency Palmer Hargreaves.
Peter Robb, brand and advertising manager, Continental Tyre Group, said: "The sponsorship of ITV's coverage of England into 2013 is a perfect fit for our brand and is a great way to show our commitment to football at a local level.
"To be the main sponsor of ‘Dancing On Ice’ enables us to communicate to a huge audience every weekend. We are looking forward to bringing these sponsorships to life, so look out for activation, especially online and through social media channels."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Email Marketing Executive Salt £120 - £130 per day, London
- B2B Marketing Manager - top role in Chester Perfect Marketing People To £40k, Chester, Cheshire
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Apple unveils 'biggest advancement in the iPhone' and 'Apple Watch'