Lenovo hires We Are Social for global social media account
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 December 2012 09:14AM
Lenovo, the Chinese technology manufacturer, has appointed We Are Social as its first global social media agency of record.
We Are Social will manage Lenovo’s social media activity from its New York and Singapore offices. It won the business after a four-way competitive pitch.
The brief includes creating content, measurement, product launches and crisis management.
Lenovo previously looked after its social media in house.
Rod Strother, director, digital and social centre of excellence at Lenovo, said the hire is part of Lenovo’s strategy to be "the most talked about personal technology brand".
Lenovo recently overtook Hewlett-Packard to become the world’s number one PC maker, in terms of shipments made.
In the past couple of years Lenovo has embarked on a strategy designed to help it to become a well-known consumer brand and it rolled out a global campaign by Saatchi & Saatchi in June last year.
Its most recent campaign was shot by the James Bond director Martin Campbell on behalf of Saatchi & Saatchi New York.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Support Dot-Gap £17k, London Central
- Account Manager AF Selection £25000 - £28000 per annum, Manchester
- Head of Resource The Industry Club London Ltd 55 - 60K, LONDON, SE1
- Global Digital Manager - Dubai Dot-Gap £47k, London Central
- Global Strategic Planning + Insight Exec Dot-Gap £31k, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile