Lenovo hires We Are Social for global social media account
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 December 2012 09:14AM
Lenovo, the Chinese technology manufacturer, has appointed We Are Social as its first global social media agency of record.
We Are Social will manage Lenovo’s social media activity from its New York and Singapore offices. It won the business after a four-way competitive pitch.
The brief includes creating content, measurement, product launches and crisis management.
Lenovo previously looked after its social media in house.
Rod Strother, director, digital and social centre of excellence at Lenovo, said the hire is part of Lenovo’s strategy to be "the most talked about personal technology brand".
Lenovo recently overtook Hewlett-Packard to become the world’s number one PC maker, in terms of shipments made.
In the past couple of years Lenovo has embarked on a strategy designed to help it to become a well-known consumer brand and it rolled out a global campaign by Saatchi & Saatchi in June last year.
Its most recent campaign was shot by the James Bond director Martin Campbell on behalf of Saatchi & Saatchi New York.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Group Account Director / Junior Business Director, £80k. Leading ATL / Integrated agency MODA consult £75k - £80k + excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director or Group Account Director - £60k to £70k - ATL/Digital MODA consult Around the £60k - £70k + excellent benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned