Lenovo hires We Are Social for global social media account
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 December 2012 09:14AM
Lenovo, the Chinese technology manufacturer, has appointed We Are Social as its first global social media agency of record.
We Are Social will manage Lenovo’s social media activity from its New York and Singapore offices. It won the business after a four-way competitive pitch.
The brief includes creating content, measurement, product launches and crisis management.
Lenovo previously looked after its social media in house.
Rod Strother, director, digital and social centre of excellence at Lenovo, said the hire is part of Lenovo’s strategy to be "the most talked about personal technology brand".
Lenovo recently overtook Hewlett-Packard to become the world’s number one PC maker, in terms of shipments made.
In the past couple of years Lenovo has embarked on a strategy designed to help it to become a well-known consumer brand and it rolled out a global campaign by Saatchi & Saatchi in June last year.
Its most recent campaign was shot by the James Bond director Martin Campbell on behalf of Saatchi & Saatchi New York.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- CRM Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South West England
- Senior Shopper Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Visual Merchandiser & Store Design Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £80 - £150 per day, London
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood