Lenovo hires We Are Social for global social media account
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 December 2012 09:14AM
Lenovo, the Chinese technology manufacturer, has appointed We Are Social as its first global social media agency of record.
We Are Social will manage Lenovo’s social media activity from its New York and Singapore offices. It won the business after a four-way competitive pitch.
The brief includes creating content, measurement, product launches and crisis management.
Lenovo previously looked after its social media in house.
Rod Strother, director, digital and social centre of excellence at Lenovo, said the hire is part of Lenovo’s strategy to be "the most talked about personal technology brand".
Lenovo recently overtook Hewlett-Packard to become the world’s number one PC maker, in terms of shipments made.
In the past couple of years Lenovo has embarked on a strategy designed to help it to become a well-known consumer brand and it rolled out a global campaign by Saatchi & Saatchi in June last year.
Its most recent campaign was shot by the James Bond director Martin Campbell on behalf of Saatchi & Saatchi New York.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London
- Brand Partnerships Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + excellent commission & benefits, London
- Agency Sales Manager - SPORT Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + competitive commission, London
- Artworker - Mid-Weight Major Players £26000 - £28000 per annum, North London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity