Greggs chief quits after four years
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 10 December 2012 10:49AM
Ken McMeikan, the chief executive of Greggs, is leaving the baker to take up the same role at Brake Brokers, the catering supplier owned by private equity company Bain Capital.
McMeikan was appointed chief executive of Greggs in June 2008.
He was previously retail director of Sainsbury's. He has also served as chief executive of Tesco in Japan, and spent a total of 14 years at Tesco.
Greggs, which has 1,600 shops in the UK, reported that its like-for-like sales had dropped 2.6% in the 14 weeks to October 6, blaming rising food prices and adverse weather conditions.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Account Director- Ceative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £45k - £50k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager- Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £28k - £34k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Executive - Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £21k - £24k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director- Ceative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £40k - £45k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Project Manager- Creative Integrated Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £26k - £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Twitter hunts for UK marketer as it targets £180m ad revenues
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote
- Dave Trott at Ad Week Europe: Ads have become overcomplicated