Greggs chief quits after four years
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 10 December 2012 10:49AM
Ken McMeikan, the chief executive of Greggs, is leaving the baker to take up the same role at Brake Brokers, the catering supplier owned by private equity company Bain Capital.
McMeikan was appointed chief executive of Greggs in June 2008.
He was previously retail director of Sainsbury's. He has also served as chief executive of Tesco in Japan, and spent a total of 14 years at Tesco.
Greggs, which has 1,600 shops in the UK, reported that its like-for-like sales had dropped 2.6% in the 14 weeks to October 6, blaming rising food prices and adverse weather conditions.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Business Development Director - Design Branding and Integrated - London Spectrum £70,000 - £90,000, London
- Middleweight Graphic Designer become £28-35K, Central London
- Account Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + benefits, London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London