Greggs chief quits after four years
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 10 December 2012 10:49AM
Ken McMeikan, the chief executive of Greggs, is leaving the baker to take up the same role at Brake Brokers, the catering supplier owned by private equity company Bain Capital.
McMeikan was appointed chief executive of Greggs in June 2008.
He was previously retail director of Sainsbury's. He has also served as chief executive of Tesco in Japan, and spent a total of 14 years at Tesco.
Greggs, which has 1,600 shops in the UK, reported that its like-for-like sales had dropped 2.6% in the 14 weeks to October 6, blaming rising food prices and adverse weather conditions.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Global Account Manager Dot-Gap €50k , Amsterdam
- Social Media Manager Dot-Gap £40k, London Central
- Display Account Manager Dot-Gap £35k , London Central
- Programmatic Display Manager Dot-Gap £35k , London Central