Greggs chief quits after four years
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 10 December 2012 10:49AM
Ken McMeikan, the chief executive of Greggs, is leaving the baker to take up the same role at Brake Brokers, the catering supplier owned by private equity company Bain Capital.
McMeikan was appointed chief executive of Greggs in June 2008.
He was previously retail director of Sainsbury's. He has also served as chief executive of Tesco in Japan, and spent a total of 14 years at Tesco.
Greggs, which has 1,600 shops in the UK, reported that its like-for-like sales had dropped 2.6% in the 14 weeks to October 6, blaming rising food prices and adverse weather conditions.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Sales Manager - Exhibitions - London tfconnect global recruitment £33,000 - £35,000 plus £3,750 car allowance + 25% bonus, London (Greater)
- PR Account Executive/Senior Account Executive Brand Recruitment £19000 - £25000 per annum, Aylesbury
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad