Doritos creates spoof cover of 'Stay Another Day' by East 17
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 10 December 2012 12:04PM
Doritos has added a Mexican twist to East 17's Christmas hit 'Stay Another Day' with a cover that features a cameo from original band member Tony Mortimer.
The brand’s mariachi band have swapped "sunshine and sombreros for snowflakes and puffa jackets" in order to recreate the style of the original track’s music video.
Abbott Mead Vickers/BBDO created the re-mastered music video that later switches to the upbeat style of Doritos’ ‘For fun…add a little Mexican’ campaign, which sees the Mariachi Doritos brand play covers of hit music at parties.
The campaign, which launched in the summer, has already seen the band do covers of ‘Don’t You Want Me’ by Human League and ‘Love Machine’ by Girls Aloud.
Doritos’ spoof cover of the East 17 track will be hosted on its Facebook and YouTube pages.
The track will also be available as a downloadable single from Monday 17 December on iTunes with all profits going to Crisis, the national charity for single homeless people.
Olly Williams directed the video, while OMD is handling media planning and buying for the campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Email Marketing Executive Stopgap £22000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Small to Medium Corporate Bupa Competitive + Bonus + Car + Benefits, Staines
- LEAD CONCEPTUAL DESIGNER - PRINT/POS - CREATIVE AGENCY - c£45k Salt £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - CREATIVE AGENCY - MANCHESTER - £60k OTE £70k Salt £60000 per annum, Manchester